The hotel is built into a cliff so is 'upside down' - Reception on the top floor, dining area one floor down and bedrooms below that. It is situated in La Paz, a suburb of Puerto. It's a 15 minute walk down some 200 steps, though these are interspersed with cafes for coffee etc. Alternatively you take the 'service' lift to floor zero and cross under the main road and climb the metal steps up to the road. Not recommended for those less sure footed. Then it's a 15 minute walk on the pavement on the side of the main road into the main shopping area and lido.
The hotel rooms all have a sea view but face north, so no "sundowner" on the balcony in the setting sun. In fact the sea view is just that, miles of sea with nothing to see! The room we had was large (702) with two double beds, and large bathroom with shower and bath. Masses of hot water. Excellent maid service daily and the room was impeccable each day. The downside were the hard beds and unforgiving mattresses.
Hotel food was varied, well prepared and displayed and was excellent. We were AI so had the Rioja wine at dinner and beers at lunch time. The pool bar served these drinks, plus tea and coffee. In fact the pool bar was the only place to have decent cup of tea as it used boiling water. The restaurant used 'hot' water from a dispenser and the tea was vile as a result. In addition it also only served coffee in various forms and no hot chocolate as an alternative. All the serving staff were helpful and courteous to us, because we were courteous and civil to them. I'm amazed how visitors seem to think by taking their frustrations out on the staff they can expect to then get good service!
The main pool was icy cold as for the majority of the day the pool area was shielded by a huge apartment block built behind (and south) of the hotel. The apartment block looked as though it had been uplifted from East Berlin and was a most unattractive vista from the pool. There is a heated spa pool and spa bath, but it can get crowded and noisy.
Good points? Food, staff and AI wine and beer. Bad points? Position away from the town, the walk in or 5 Euro taxi ride, the cold pool, the shaded pool area, sunless balconies and the boring sea view. (A sea view is great if there's something to actually see!)
When there are so many other hotels on Tenerife to choose from in better positions with better facilities, would I come back to this hotel? No.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Best Semiramis is a confortable establishment of five stars located in the quiet residential area of “La Paz”, 1.5 km away from Puerto de la Cruz and leisure complex “Lago Martianez”. It offers wonderful views of the sea and the north Coast of Tenerife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Best Semiramis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Semiramis Hotel Puerto De La Cruz
- Hotel Best Semiramis Tenerife/Puerto De La Cruz