All reviews budget hotel pedestrianised street coffee machine rooftop terrace hotel is located friendly hotel no air con town centre tv wifi puerto tenerife teide fridge
Selected filters
Reviewed March 1, 2016

Okay, so where do I begin. I wanted so bad to give it a positive review because of the first impression. The staff is one of the most polite and friendly I've ever seen in a hotel. They like their job and they assist you in every matter possible. 2 stars are only because of the staff, otherwise I would have rated 0.

Second, the location for me was really good. I enjoy hotels at a peaceful location, not close to any markets or loud places and this hotel has that. It is well situated at a narrow street which has some restaurants but the atmosphere is very pleasant. I loved the peace there.

Now comes the terrible part of this review. BED BUGS! Yes, you read it right. And they bit me so hard that I have marks all over my body and I am still recovering after coming back home. I've been getting vaccinations from last 2 days and it hurts. Why didn't I change the room, you may ask? Because I was too ashamed to show them the marks, they look horrible and I am ashamed of them. At first I thought they were mosquito bites and ignored them. But then, the pain and itching never stopped and developed strange marks on my body.
And, I was told that I will get good WiFi in my room (5th floor, last room) but hell no. I barely received any reception. I didn't care much since I had bought a SIM with 3G for my internet use.

So, in conclusion, if you go there, ask for a room near to the elevator since the WiFi router is placed at that location and you will get good WiFi and the most important - check for bed bugs and ask for a room change the moment you suspect anything.

Room tip: Rooms near elevator receive best WiFi signals.
Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank chirag-chopra
Hotel_Puerto_Azul, Gerente at Puerto Azul Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2016

Thank you Chirag-Chopra for your review. Every review (good or bad) helps us improve our hotel and services better and we really appreciate that. First of all, we are very sorry about your bad experience with the bed bugs. We would have able to react and move you to another room if you inform us immediately.

We have many clients who come from many places around the world, and everyone is lovely, which is why we love our job here. Unfortunately, we are not able to "screen" everyone nor have we any control over whether their luggages are infested by bed bugs, and most of the time they didn't even aware of. If you read about bed bugs on the Internet, you will notice that these insects are a big problem even for 5 star hotels.

As you didn’t informed us, the client who came after you had the same problem. We changed her immediately into a different room (we upgraded her and didn’t charge anything for her whole stay), threw the mattress away, sealed the room, called the insect exterminator because we need to kill them asap, if not they would spread. To be sure, we even disinfected the two rooms beside.

We are sorry about what happened, but please if it happens again in any other hotel, inform them IMMEDIATELY. It would have been nicer for you, the next client, and for the hotel to solve the problem.

Re: WiFi. We checked the WIFI's strength and connection and it seems like some devices have better reception then other. We have installed another router in the courtyard (inside), the reception should be better now.

Reviewed January 31, 2016 via mobile

Beds are like prison cells, no ambiance and too pricy for what is offered. The besser are like convertible beds and not comfortable at all. Staff might be nice but that doesn't help to have a good rest. Door slamming the whole night, and no isolation at all! Not to be recommended at all!!!! Wifi connection is bad in the rooms and even at the reception not too good.

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank matjamu76
Reviewed January 21, 2016

Too noisy, hardly got any sleep, tried to book an early flight home but, it was not possible to do so. People banging doors very loudly, constantly throughout the night, radio playing with music echoing all around the building. I also encountered a domestic argument by neighbouring occupants. I can`t wait to fly home.

Date of stay: January 2016
1  Thank June S
Reviewed December 17, 2015 via mobile

A great hotel if you want to be in the hearth of El puerto de la Cruz. Close to all amenities, fast and reliable WiFi. Not luxury but clean rooms. A perfect choice for independent travellers. I can't understand the complains specially thinking about the quality/price relation.

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank bidaian
Reviewed October 28, 2015 via mobile

Extremely helpful, nice staff on reception. Unfortunately, the room we were in was in need of some TLC. Functional, but the bed was extremely hard, and hard to sleep. Small room and balcony, but the price was extremely competetive. Worst thing was the noise pollution - I could hear vividly people in the adjacent rooms - way too mich detail :( But made up for by just the best location, and friendliest staff.

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple