“Location and price only redeeming features”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Puerto Azul Hotel

Puerto Azul Hotel
Ranked #54 of 80 Hotels in Puerto de la Cruz
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Location and price only redeeming features”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

We chose this hotel because of the location, the fact it was cheap and we only wanted to stay one night. We were given the keys to a room on the fourth floor only to open the door and find ourselves in a completely unmade room, bedding strewn all over etc. My partner then went back downstairs to find out what was going on, and came back up with the owner who just acted completely surprised by this but didn't really give a good explanation, just seemed to try and make out that someone must have crept in and used the room without anyone knowing! So he then gave us 2 sets of keys to rooms on the second floor and asked us to take our pick, they were both pretty similar except one had a double and the other 2 single beds. We chose the double bed room and it has to be one of the smallest rooms we have ever stayed in, ridiculously small and there was a door leading to what a would describe as a wide ledge rather than a balcony with the only view being of the internal courtyard. Also another thing I didn't like here was constantly having to hand the keys in and collect the keys when coming in and out. Also our room really needed a bit of sprucing up, there was paint peeling off the ceiling in the rooms and the bathroom door needed shaving at the bottom as it was really difficult to shut. The location of this hotel is great, but having said that there are other places here which are just as cheap that are much better, I wouldn't stay here again, I'd chose pension Rosa Mary which is only in the next street, over this hotel any day.

Room Tip: We were in room 204 which is a double room but really cramped and tiny, the balcony is just a wide l...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Thewanderingwinos
Hotel_Puerto_Azul, Gerente at Puerto Azul Hotel, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Dear guest:
Thank you for your review and feedback. I am sorry about the first room you had when checked-in. I was indeed surprised (not “acted” but trying to keep calm) as on our record, the room was marked as “ready”. Please understand that we would not intentionally place our clients in an un-prepared room, there is no positive reason to do that.
I immediately offered 2 different rooms to choose from within the same budget category you booked for. FYI, our hotel also offers bigger rooms with small balcony facing the sunny pedestrian street, but they are slightly more expensive.
I am sorry that I did not notice this was such a big problem for you and your partner despite an immediate solution, as you seemed very kind and relaxed and did not mention anything you wrote. I hope you have had a nice holiday in Puerto de la Cruz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

You get what you pay for :) The bed was not a dream, I could feel the springs in my back. But next time I'm in Puerto, I will stay there again ! The staff was always helpfull. And the room was clean. There is free wifi that worked ok in most of the room I was in

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Cork
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

What I liked:
Location. The hotel opens out to a really nice pedestrian street with restaurants and with seats and trees along the centre. Probably the nicest part of Puerto.
The staff, very friendly and spoke in whatever language necessary ( German, English, Spanish, maybe more).
nice room and bathroom.
Nice common space for internet etc.
Decent breakfast area, (breakfast extra)
Price: great value for two people!!
What I did not like:
The beds were made up the first day but not for the remaining 4 days and the sheets were not changed.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Conor O
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

room was basic (but clean) as I expected so was not surprised. what surprised me was the service of the staff for a 2 star hotel you receive a 5 star treatment never met such nice friendly staff in all my traveling life very happy and would recommend to anyone that does not expect to much from regards to room. very central good hotel and great area the hotel has a hidden gem the rooftop terrace my favourite place as the views are stunning and you can hear the sea, I spent a lot of my daytime up there as it was peaceful and great time for relaxation which is why I went for 3 days and will return in near future. very happy customer

Room Tip: there is no swimming pool that's why I gave it a 1. keep open minded when you consider taking a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
7 Thank john06186525
Pápa, Veszprem, Hungary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great location with very friendly service. The bed kind of sucked and there was no TV but I didn't really spend much time in the room so I guess it depends on what you are looking for. I would recommend it to all friends for sure.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Socal434
Salford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

This place is in a good location having some nice restaurants nearby and being very central.However it is very sparse.i had booked a balcony room and it is the only place we,ve stayed where the wardrobe was bigger than the balcony.Also from the balcony you can see in the room next door which was not very nice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jackie s

Travelers are raving about these Puerto de la Cruz hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

My son and I stayed here we were here for new years eve as this is only a small hotel it was very nice of them to supply drinks on the roof at midnight on new years you dont get that very often in such a small hotel this is one of the most friendliest hotels ive ever stayed in the staff are brilliant nothing is ever too much trouble no matter what time it is day or night it is like home from home my son is going back with his girlfriend I would definatly recommend this hotel you even get free wifi me and my don had a brilliant holiday and I would definatly recommend it to anybody. From kim and boyce xx

• Stayed January 2013