“So far, the best Hostel of Tenerife.”

Lagarto Backpackers
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I ve been there 2 times, when i woke up, what i did is jumped into the swimming pool :) If your looking for a good atmosphere/people (real travelers and surfers), then its your place, they have parties and dinners sometimes as well, the only downside is if you dont have a car, its hard to get there, but you know, if your there...you stay and will go back :)

--ooh, and the garden :) yes!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank marton p

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We booked all last minute.... nothing was free and we where afraid to sleep outside on x-mas... But Lagarto saved us and our days :-) We got picked up and fed and cuttled and huged :-) Thanks Guys!!!
Tasty breakfast and happy evenings... for reasonable money one can also have a nice dinner.

PS: Try the "rom miel local"

Room Tip: Red Room is the loveroom :-) Perfect for couples.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Lagarto is awesome!

I planned on staying a few days, but kept extending and extending my stay for about ten days! The staff are super-friendly, very helpful when planning activities on Tenerife, Lagarto has a better breakfast than most backpackers, all the beds/blankets/sheets are very new, and the outside area with the pool and the hammock is great to relax in, and get a tan in the 'winter' sun =) Good form all round!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I was travelling around the Island with my boyfriend and we visited all of the hostels on Tenerife and Lagarto was no 1 ! The outside area is perfect to chill out, the owners are really friendly and helpful! You can meet a lot of really nice people from around the world! We had an amazing time in Lagarto! Thanks!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Nicole E
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Well. I promised I'll write something guys, you'll see... thanks for everything !
When I arrived my plan was to visit all the northern part of Tenerife, I booked for 6 days, I passed 5 days in the Lagarto. It's impressive, Mattia & Vitto are like friends. They suggest you what to do, they give you infos, etc. but at the end I decided to stay all time in the garden, pool, etc. they call it the Lagarto effect.... no car noise, no stress, nice persons, nice rooms and living room.... after 4 days I decide to cancel my booking in Puerto de la Cruz and pass in Lagarto all my 12 days in Tenerife. I will come back soon, maybe in September.

Room Tip: Just 5 rooms, everyone is good.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank Travelorgasm
Reviewed July 2, 2012

The Lagarto was a real surprise. I had to rent a car to arrive there, it was not easy to find but when I arrived they gave me a warm welcome and then I relaxed in the garden and swimmingpool. There are a lot of things to do and to see, just remember to go with a car or to rent one when you arrive, it's quite far from the bus stop.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Estrelademar
Reviewed June 14, 2012

As we are not really backpackers we were a bit afraid about the name… But this hotel is actually not about the name... It really has a nice swimming pool and a beautiful garden… It is very cheap… The personnel was very motivated to help you… We were almost their first clients so they would have done anything for us... They even brought us back at the airport for only 15 EUR as our flight was at 6 am (so had to leave the hotel at 5 am!)... They only have 4 rooms named by a colour… I would recommend the red one, very quiet with a nice garden view… We really had a nice stay!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
#2 of 9 in El Medano
Drago Nest Hostel
Drago Nest Hostel
#3 of 15 in Icod de los Vinos

Been to Lagarto Backpackers? Share your experiences!