“Cheap, Great Food, Friendly Staff & Delicious Cocktails.”
Review of The Chieftain

The Chieftain
Ranked #578 of 6,434 Restaurants in Tenerife
Cuisines: European, Irish, British
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner
Description: The bar is run and owned by the Murphy family. Originally of Tennypark House in Kilkenny Ireland, we emigrated to Tenerife in 1984 and have expanded to encompass three bars: The Chieftain, Temple Bar & The Irish Fiddler. Our aim is to provide top quality service in all our establishments by serving only the tastiest food, best selection of beverages and great live entertainment.
Reviewed June 9, 2019 via mobile

Great value for money in this pub. We had breakfast/lunch on many occasions during our stay and the food was delicious & great portion sizes.
The staff are extremely friendly and really helpful. Cocktails were delicious - couldn’t fault this pub and would definitely recommend.

Date of visit: June 2019

Reviewed June 3, 2019

by far the best food in playa de las americans,tried the dubliner pub for food it was really awful,liked the cheiftan so much ate in it twice

Reviewed May 30, 2019

After getting totally tired of poor, plastic Hotel grub, spotted The Chieftain while out walking. Decided to give Hotel dinner a miss, and believe me it was a great idea! Friendly staff, and some nice company at the next table. After week and a half of "canteen bland food", settled for an old favourite Scampi with salad and chips. Delicious! Noticed others around me eating Lasagne, Curry and Steak. To be honest I could have devoured the lot! Well presented food in every case. Finished off with a perfect Irish Coffee.
Back next day for a spot of lunch, Steak Baguette with fried onions. Was a bit apprehensive regarding the steak, as Spain isn't generally known for red meat is it? Well, now it is! Delicious melt in the mouth steaks and onions (and lovely fat chips of course lol) in a baguette which was soft and tasty. Not to forget a huge cappuccino! Really recommend this pub grub, and only sad to say I am now back in the U.K. so can't pop back for a while. However, as Arnie would say..."I'll be back'. Thank you for good, clean, decent, tasty food,and would recommend you all give it a go. Promise you will not be disappointed!

1  Thank JimJoyceN_E_England
Reviewed May 29, 2019 via mobile

I love this bar. I have never eaten there, but the music and craic is great and the staff always friendly and welcoming. On my last visit, I was delighted to see Peter there, who normally does a fantastic job over at the sister pubs, The Temple Bar and The Irish Fiddler. He is a true professional. The inimitable and talented Tommy is normally there to entertain with his great music and cheeky wit, and there are other great musicians there on his nights off. This time, I got to hear Ciaran McCloy and The Islanders, so check them out. The Chieftain has an understated, relaxing decor and a laid back atmosphere with great music and craic. You can't go wrong.

Reviewed May 19, 2019 via mobile

Super friendly staff nothing is to much trouble, great selection of food. And drinks( the best Guinness I found by far) also just around the corner from the hotel we stayed in