“Great fun for the family”

Aqualand Costa Adeje
Ranked #77 of 421 things to do in Tenerife
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

We went there with toddlers and the 4 year olds loved it. Moderate size, you easily reach all attractions within minutes. Exciting rides for all ages, nothing extravagant though. Dolphin show was excellent and the trainers delivered a great entertainment for everyone. Lousy food and inefficient service. Cumbersome use of e-tickets, doesn't look like the park is in the 21st century yet.

1  Thank Kristjan F
Write a ReviewReviews (2,491)

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Same as many reviews, we chose Aqualand over Siam Park due to the ages of our children. It was totally perfect for them. Aqualand seem to have been stepping things up a notch to compete with Siam Park so at least 4 pools are now slightly heated. The 'Vulcano' spa pool is extra heated, so was a lovely late afternoon toasty treat :) we went in half term so were pleasantly surprised at the lack of crowds. We went yesterday and sunbeds were 1€ but I noticed as we were leaving at closing time (5pm) that they were changing the price stickers on the sunbeds to 2€ !! I can only assume the double price was due to today's public holiday?! My 4 yr old daughter absolutely loved the Family Adventure Land area right by the entrance/lockers. She could use rubber rings to go down the slides and was happy they were the right size so her bottom didn't fall through (we had that problem with the figure-of-8 ones on the lazy river so she sat on my lap in a single ring). There were so many slides they could go on at a young age. I got the impression from looking at Siam Park website/YouTube clips that it would have been like taking our children to Alton Towers but them only being tall enough to go on a little climbing frame or something. If our children were teenagers, no doubt we would have headed for Siam Park instead.
We took note of previous reviews and took a picnic. Queues for food were short at 12pm but by 1:30pm there were 15-20 people queuing. Please do not miss the dolphin show at 3:30pm, it was amazing, truly loved it, even my just-turned-2-yr-old was transfixed throughout. We loved Aqualand!

Reviewed October 30, 2013

We went to Aqualand over Siam Park as we felt it would be better for our little boy (20 months old). We weren't disappointed, he had a great time and loved all the slides and kids pools...especially the little fountains that come up out of the floor. I went on some of the bigger slides and they were good fun too, but I would imagine there's not quite enough for older families. There's a lot of updating going on at the moment but it doesn't get in the way or intrude on your visit.

The food was poor and that was the only negative for me, not great quality and overpriced. I've seen complaints about the childrens' pools being cold, they are but it's not so bad and as you're keeping an eye on them anyway it's not an issue for me. Yes they charge you for sunbeds but I think it was 1 euro so it hardly breaks the bank and it's about 2 or 3 for a locker I think, again not a big deal and more than worth it to keep valuables safe.

Overall good fun and a great place to visit with kids.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

great day out but food left a lot to be desired, packed lunch in future. kids loved it and so did we!

1  Thank CATHERINE S
Reviewed October 22, 2013

There was lots to do for the kids and a number of slides for the adults.

Pros:
> Very reasonably priced as we got a "two park voucher" at the airport. It cost 35 euros for adults which included entrance to "Aqualand" and also "Jungle Park". Entrance for my 11 month old was free.
> If you wanted to go back to Aqualand you could pay an additional 8 Euros, which i think is very reasonable if you wanted to take the kids again.
> There is a very good dolphin show which had loads of audience participation
> free parking

Cons:
> the pools were filled with salt water
> the pools were very cold
> some of the slides were closed, maybe there wasn't enough people at the water park?

I would recommend Aqualand to families with young children but perhaps put a tshirt or vest on the kids if you feel the pool is a bit too cold.