“Horrendous don't waste your money”

Aqualand Costa Adeje
Ranked #74 of 392 things to do in Tenerife
Dublin, Ireland
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“Horrendous don't waste your money”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Awful don't waste your money
Me and my boyfriend are 21 years old we paid 45 euro in and regretted it as soon as we came to the door. It can't compete with SIAM park so has turned it mainly into a kids park . May be good for kids but we paid €30 for lunch for only two of us only pizza burger and chips and water so prices are horrendous, you have to pay for sun loungers ect. I would really recommend families to take a picnic prices for everything are inflated and food is NOT SAFE . The burger is our main concern why families SHOULD NOT eat in the park ; my boyfriend got a pink cyst like ball in the middle of his burger thankfully noticed it and didn't eat it or he may well have been sick the rest of the holiday . This turned us off completely and left us thinking there can't be much care taken in the food. The toilets are dirty and not maintained at all paint falling off ceiling no soap ect. ,The water in the park is awful i came across a cockroach and number of other insects not good for kids . The water is salty water unusual for a water park and the slides for older kids or adults are dreadful . Complete waste of time and money . SIAM park is amazing and spotlessly clean well worth a visit and food is very good and reasonably priced !

1 Thank Ireland T

• Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Worth it for Dolphin show”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I visited Aqualand in August as we have only just returned from Tenerife (major holiday blues writing this). The park itself is designed for families with younger children.. My girlfriend and I are both 21 and didn't find any of the rides decent enough to go on. We just decided to sit and sunbathe out of the way until the dolphin show (we went at 10am and the first show was 12:45). WOW the dolphin show was worth the ticket price itself! Fantastic show and they included a few of the younger children in the crowd for the show. We visited Siam Park first which we think was the reason for not going on the rides as Siam Park is more suitable for people our age.
We didn't know before we went but if you pay another €100 each you can have an educational lesson with the dolphins where you can swim with them and get a photo and things as such. When we return next year we will definitely be doing that!..
You have to pay to rent the beds and the lockers and also have to pay to rent a floatable donut or raft thing which I thought was expensive considering you pay to get in.

I would recommend Aqualand for the dolphin show alone!

Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“great for all ages”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We were originally going to go to siam park but after talking to the holiday rep we were advised not to due to our kids being 6 & 3. Aqualand was great for both of them, my older one loved the big slides while my youngest was happy playing on the little slides. We spent all day there and the kids loved every minute of it. The dolphin show is fantastic and is included in the price. A photographer goes round the park all day and takes snap shots which u can purchase, We got some great ones of the kids. The only down side is the extras they charge on top of the entrance fee such as lockers and sun beds. well worth a visit though

Leicestershire
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Bit dated and more expensive than you think”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Went to Aqualand this time instead of Siam Park. After visiting Siam, this seems very dated in comparison although they are trying to update it. The lazy river is more like lazy sludge, not very inviting. Initially it seems alot cheaper than Siam as it worked out at 51Euros for two adults and one child but when you get there, you have to pay a Euro for the sunbeds and 5 or 7 Euros for a single of double ring that you use on the lazy river and other attractions. The food seemed more expensive than I remember at Siam and quality was not as good.
My 10 year old daughter enjoyed the rides a bit better here, they weren't as big for her.
The dolphin show is amazing and whilst I am uncomfortable with the ethics, the love and devotion between the trainers and the dolphins is wonderful to watch. They take some children out of the audience if you are on the front row and it is a fantastic experience for them. They also do two different packages for interaction with the dolphins, one is 50Euros pp and one is 100 Euros pp.
Top tip - make sure you take swim shoes as the floors are old concrete and are cracked hurting your feet and the floor does get very hot.

Dublin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great fun for little kids”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We had a great day here with our 6yo and 2yo. We decided to come here instead of Siam Park because of our kids' ages. It was perfect for us. The staff were friendly and helpful. Especially the cleaning lady in the women's changing room! I wish I had the chance to tip her. I think it works well that they charge 1 euro per sunbed. Otherwise, people will just take more sunbeds than they actually need. Definitely try to find a coupon before you go! We didn't have one and I found one at a HiperDino afterwards which would have saved us 16 euro (1 child free).