“Fair test of golf”

lancashire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Fair test of golf”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

Played 3 rounds during September and as I have played here before was expecting the same quality golf course. A few of the greens on the front nine where not up to the usual standard, but playable and improved on the back nine.Other than this the course in is great condition with the greens staff working hard to maintain.
On my third visit during my stay I had a time booked for 08:36 and arrived to find it quite busy. This was not a problem, due to the knowledge of the starter who suggested I play the back nine first and would see what it was like when I completed the eighteenth.It was still busy as I approcheded the 1st tee after my first loop so he sent me to the back nine again (no problem for me) after finishing my second loop of the back nine I checked the time on my watch 11:55 . Eighteen holes completed in just over 3 hours!!!! All in all a very pleasant 3 games over the period of my stay and would recommend to anybody. A big thank you to all the staff for their help.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank jumpinjax58

• Czech first
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Golf in the Sun as it should be”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Played here twice in September 2012 on a golf holiday. This is our 3rd visit in the last 5 years, and the standard of the course was better than ever before. Having now played 5 courses in and around the Las Americas area this is by far the best. Stunning views from most of the holes and although the course sits high on the cliff/hill, as you have sea views it feels like links golf. Recent changes have replaced previous black volcanic sand in the bunkers to the more traditional white sand we see on most courses in the UK, this vastly improves the course. Also when we first visited a few years ago the black volcanic "barren" areas which sat between many of the holes and which came into play far too often, have reduced in size and number. Now alongside the terraced wall effect on several of the fairways, these are a less intrusive feature of the course which pay homage to its roots as a former banana plantation on everyone's favourite volcanic island. Greens and fairways are maintained to a very high standard and buggies with GPS are a great added extra. If you go golfing in Tenerife this is a "must play" course.

2 Thank TourGuideTam
Twickenham
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Slick greens”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

Wonderful golf course. Generous fairways, very fast greens. Fair challenge for all golfers. I play off 6 and this is my favourite course in the whole of Spain. Every time I play it the condition is as manicured as the Augusta National. A must for any golfer visiting Tenerife.

3 Thank Graysautos
Liverpool
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“This is a tough course”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

Forget playing here if you play off anything more than 9, hit great straight drives and a master of the fairway wood and long irons. It is a beautiful place, very well managed with great service and great food but it's long, mainly par 5 and to add to the fun the greens are a challenge some of them requiring expert crazy golf skills enjoy

2 Thank Mike072
derbyshire
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“sunshine holiday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

We went to the guarmina princess in may,we had a truly wonderfull holiday. the hotel we found spotlessly clean,the view from the balcony of the mountains one way and the sea the other.reception very helpfull,dinning room staff very smart,polite but will have fun with you.Im a fussy eater but there was allways some thing to eat.If you use the lift by the pool it takes you right down to the sea front were there is something for every one.We went on a whale an dolphin trip which we booked ourselves instead of with the rep a lot cheaper an just as good what a wonderfull experiance i had tears in my eyes,we went on the hour one which was just enough.Gentlemen if you drink larger you will find its 1euro a pint till 6 30 at night.fab hotel an erea hope to return next year.

Visited May 2012