“Our second visit.”

Happy Hooker Fishing Tour
Reviewed January 19, 2013

It comes to something when you start planning your next holiday based on a skipper & his boat!
We returned this Jan specifically to go out with Jamie (& for a bit of sunshine!) & booked 2 half day shared trips. I couldn't afford a full charter this time & figured it would be a waste as my preferred target fish were out of season.
Jamie got us on one of his favorite marks & the Ray's soon started coming. By the time it was nearly time to go back in for his afternoon trip, Caz's reel went off & I picked it up & lifted into a huge ray. I couldn't do a thing with it, it was on the 30lb backing line & the fish just nonchalantly swam up tide. Jamie's skill moving the boat gained us valuable line & we got the 50lb main line & knot back onto the reel & I was able to take the clutch up to max. Despite this the fish still took line when it wanted but we were now late for his next trip so I had to bully the fish up. Half an hour later & was really hurting! Which Jamie though hilarious! Lol
Thanks again mate, see you soon.

All reviews
"herring"
"puerto colon"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I have been out on Jamie`s boat on about 5 different occasions, and always had a great time.
Jamie is an out and out fisherman who always does his best to find the fish.
His new boat is equipped with a toilet, so the Mrs doesn`t have to cross her legs the whole trip.
i will be out in Tenerife in may and will definitely be booking another trip on the Happy Hooker.
By the way i didn`t mention that Jamie is a super guy.

Alex & Donna

6  Thank alex l
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Have joined Jamie many times for fishing trips while in Tenerife. What I like about Jamie is that if fish are not biting in one area he soon moves onto another so there is always a good chance of catching. My latest experience was a day when the weather changed for the worse and we carried on fishing sheltered off Los Cristianos when every other boat had given up. I caught a big Barracuda which took ages to land. Have also caught just about every other species going around Southern Tenerife of various days. Can highly recommend this for a days fun.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Found the Happy Hooker on the internet 3 weeks before our holiday & e-mailed Jamie the owner for info. He replied promptly with all required information.
Well what can I say but the afternoon's fishing was a great time. Although we didn't catch many big uns it was great fun catching makerel & other small fish. Jamie could not do enough to help & did all he could to try & get us more fish. It is obvious the guy is very experienced & knows what he is doing. If you are a novice he is more than happy to help you & has the patience of a saint.
If you are looking for a top quality fishing trip then look no further than the happy hooker. But book before you go on hol he gets booked up quickly.
My only regret is that I didn't book more trips during my holiday.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 11, 2012

After searching the internet for days and reading reviews on different boats i chartered Jamie's boat for the day on the 5th of March. I invited a friend along who is in his own words is 'Definitely not a fisherman'.
We met Jamie at the pontoon, as arranged and although we were early Jamie was quick to get us away without delay to catch some bait. We quickly caught lots of mackerel and Jamie could not help the other guy enough when he had any problems etc.
The trolling didn't go well but I was aware from internet reports that it had been like this for a couple of weeks so we went bottom fishing and again a slow start but Jamie persisted with baiting up and finally got us some results. Jamie was in no rush to get back while the fish were feeding and we finished well passed our agreed time with 5 or 6 rays to the boat and lost a couple of other fish.
Overall we had a great day and we both felt we had received great value for money. I would not hesitate in recommending or booking with Jamie again.

1  Thank pandlj