“went by boat”

$43.13*
Tenerife Highlights Full-Day Tour
Ranked #9 of 398 things to do in Tenerife
Reviewed May 4, 2014

lovely scenery. we went by boat from los gigantes and what a lovely place, wanted to do the trekking but never got roun to it, next time maybe

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Nice trip down in beautiful surroundings. Its worth your while to book a boat that will pick you up in advance, since its a long way up. If you time it right, You can even take the bus towards Masca and from Los Gigantos back to your car (if you have a car).

Reviewed April 23, 2014

I went to Masca valley with my dad and younger ister(13years). We were keen on this walking. We took 2l water bottle, it was not enough but we took some water from the spring, which was always with us :)
Before our trip, it was claimed that it would be hard and will take more than 3h. Nevertheless, we spent just 2h down and 2h walking up. Of course we rushed but also had some stops.
The view have taken my breath for some times. Everything was so magnificent. I loved that sense of nature — no trashes, no seen steps of human.
If you came to Tenerife not for laying in the beach, you must try to walk in this valley!
Take even sneakers. Just remember that there are some slippery rocks.
Enjoy!

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Masca is all it is cracked up to be. BUT:

(a) go early
(b) do NOT go back to Santiago de Tiede; carry on and make it a round trip

It's bad enough driving down - the longest 10 min drive in your life. do not even think about going back the same way just as the tourist coaches come down. just don't. And if you are doing the walk to the coast, take a bus/taxi and get the boat out.

1  Thank klymmk
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Please, please, PLEASE! Do yourself a favor and take the taxi up to Masca. I drove up to Tiede and decided I didn't want the stress of driving up to Masca and my God was I right! The drive up to Masca is so much worse than Tiede. If you're driving leave your car at Los Gigantes and pay a taxi driver to take you to the top. It will cost you around 23 Euro's one way but it is so worth it. You will enjoy the experience so much more. The drivers do this about 5 times a day so they know the route and they know what they're doing. For me Masca was more beautiful than Tiede. It's definitely my number 1! There are some restaurants where you can eat and enjoy the view. If you talk with your driver he will either come back for you later or wait for you on top of the hill. If you visit Tenerife this is not something to be missed!

5  Thank Skyla99