All reviews rooftop terrace breakfast is served sea front taxi rank top floor small fridge seafront room minute walk the main shopping area rooms are clean short stay place to stay bath shower sea view star hotel air con noise
Selected filters
Reviewed March 26, 2017 via mobile

Have stayed at this hotel many times and always think it's fab location makes up for any faults travelers may find. However, this time I stayed on the 5th floor which is below the breakfast room and terrace. 6.30 in the morning the cleaner went on to the 6th floor to prepare for the day...she must have been wearing Dutch cloggs on tiled floors, she walked continuously up and down, up and down, she opened about 14 sliding doors on to the terrace, I think there is only one, and dragged tables and chairs all over the place!!!! Hence I had a bad nights sleep which is not good for a hotel. For an hour I listened to this awful racket before I got up and left the hotel. Please, please wear some soft shoes, open the sliding door and leave it open and pick up the tables and chairs...... people are trying to sleep.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Colloff1965
Reviewed March 17, 2017

I was really pleased with the hotel's location which is at the end of the main shopping street and has the castle to it's front.The best area to eat and drink in the city El Charco is a few minutes walk away. There is a great roof top terrace with views of the beach, castle and sea. The two bus stations were walkable.
This incorporates a bar and restaurant which was competitive pricewise as a beer was 2.50 and Menu del Dia 15e. Breakfast was 10e which is overpriced although I didn't try it. Service was good although it was quiet when I visited.
Staff in reception were helpful and pleasant. It is a relaxing area which features a bar/café. Wi-Fi was good but not my room. There wasn't enough sockets in the room to charge your phone without unplugging TV or fridge. The latter was very useful but tiny.
I thoroughly recommend the hotel for a great stay in the city.

The room was fine and clean but no view-I think you pay more for a sea view.

Room tip: Sea view would be fantastic but I presume costs more.
2  Thank LargeWestMids
Reviewed March 13, 2017

The rooms were very clean with good views onto the beach. The rooms were equipped with a refrigerator, free WI-FI & a reasonably sized TV. The bathroom is of a good size; however, the bath/shower combo was not. The better option here would have been to have a walk in shower (there is enough space for that).

The reception was friendly & helpful, the cost for one night was also reasonable at £45 (without breakfast). So would I stay here again? Yes. Would I recommend the hotel to a friend? Yes. The reason why I only gave the hotel 4/5 was due to the shower.

Reviewed January 28, 2017

I stayed here for two nights at a weekend. I expected less from previous reviews, I found the management friendly and efficient. The roof terrace was a good addition as my room had a small balcony facing onto a back street. I thought as it was a weekend that it would be noisy at night but after 9pm the city was pretty dead, at least the immediate area. I didn't try the breakfast. The room itself was large and well equipped with a fridge, the wi-fi worked well although having to enter the wi-fi code was a bit repetitive but the signal was strong on my floor.

Room tip: Best views would be on the front side but traffic noise could be an issue
Date of stay: January 2017
1  Thank MelonMelbourne
Reviewed January 19, 2017 via mobile

The hotel is in a great location, near shops, very quiet in January which suited us, bus station is about 15/20 mins away and good service to anywhere, room cleaned every day and night receptionist is lovely, lovely little pub out the back door, the pier is directly across from hotel, we got a sea front room with balcony , good restaurants nearby.. good value for money

Date of stay: January 2017