All reviews bus station sea view reducto beach costa teguise breakfast selection half board room was spotless close to the airport seven nights booked this hotel decent hotel rooms were cleaned every day very clean hotel minute walk per day town centre sea front
Reviewed September 18, 2016

Firstly the bad. We found the staff in the restaurant particularly unfriendly. We filled in the feedback form and handed it in to reception and voiced our concerns. The atmosphere in the restaurant was like a dentist waiting room and by the time we were asked if we wanted a drink we had finished our meal. The food was also cold and of poor quality - I'm not a fan of cold fish.

This all changed after our chat and the staff became much friendlier and more interactive - although we ate out for the rest of our stay.

Cleaning staff and reception staff were very good.

Room was fine with lovely view of the beach. Fridge didn't get cool and I think the gas needed changing. Air-con was also low-powered.

All-in-all a nice hotel which certainly listens to guest's feedback - a sign of good management. I hope they can do something to improve the food as I wouldn't recommend eating there at the moment.

One thing which has improved is the free wifi which is now great.

• Stayed: September 2016, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Beachgod
Reviewed September 18, 2016 via mobile

I booked here last minute a 5 night stay for my boyfriends birthday. I didn't really know what to expect and it defiantly beat expectations. We didn't have a sea view room but would of liked that If there was availability! We were on the back on the second floor, with a view of the local town and school(which was never a problem for noise like other reviews say) we also never heard any noise from the kitchen. The room was spotless and got cleaned every day. The room had a fridge and massive TV which had quite a lot of channels. The location is great as the beach is literally on your doorstep! There is a pizza and ice-cream shop down the road which we loved for only €6 for a judge pizza,drink and ice-cream! You can walk down the road and get the number 3 buss into Costa teguise for only €2.80 for both of us each way, which is so much cheaper than a taxi (€13)! I wouldn't recommend this hotel for families with children as there isn't much for them to do in the hotel however a perfect get away for couples or families with older children. We had a fantastic time and would happily go back here! :)

Stayed: September 2016, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lauren P
Reviewed September 18, 2016

THIS REVIEW HAS BEEN WRITTEN DUE TO THE LACK OF RESPONSE FROM THE MANAGEMENT OF HOTEL DIAMAR. THEY SEEM TO HAVE A NO RESPONSE POLICY TO ALL THEIR PAYING GUESTS FOR COMPLAINTS.

We booked 2 rooms for family members during August 2016. Upon check in first room (407) was plagued with problems including windows that lets air through(and whistles), wardrobe doors that don't run on runners and worst of all - ants on walls and in bed! I complained to reception and was put in room 409. However, this room had no air conditioning working and only the fan would operate. I complained to reception and was told an engineer would look at it. Nobody came and no-one repaired it, yet it only started working on the morning I was due to leave!!

Meanwhile, my other family members in room 401 were also besieged with problems on air conditioning. With a hole in the ceiling they experienced constant nightime dripping of water from the air-con which meant they couldn't get to sleep. They had to put towels on the floor at night to try and mop up the mess which equated to a large amount every night. It presented a health hazard in that you could slip on it easily as well. Despite complaining about the air conditioning, again, nothing was done which rectified the problem. Although an engineer came round, the problem was not solved.

Hotel Diamar's policy on charging for a safe and for additional beds is rather antiquated and needs reviewing. We had to pay these for these service when cheaper hotels offer them for free. The English breakfast is also a disappointment with the bacon being too oily and the baked beans served cold!

On check out day we expressed our feeling regarding our stay to the Manager, Mr Juan Angel, and we also stated we would like a reduction in fee due to the inconvenience we had suffered due to the air conditioning not working which is a must in hot weather. Mr Juan Angel though, decided(and I quote) "in my opinion it does not warrant a reduction" was his answer. Despite repeated requests from ourselves, Mr Juan Angel was not going to budge from his decision and decided we had to make a full payment despite both rooms having problems. Sleeping in both rooms was difficult since I needed air con at night in 409 and didn't receive it and 401 was equally difficult due to it's dripping air conditioning!

Let me assure you that Mr Juan Angel's opinion is not customer friendly and does not put the customer first even though we have had an unhappy time at this hotel. Despite this, his opinion seems to be more important than those of his paying guests.

Unlike the other staff members at the hotel, we found him to be unprofessional, unsympathetic and full of excuses regarding the standards we had to put up with. He had a "smart" answer for everything despite us being unhappy with our stay. This is not the way paying guests are meant to be treated. We even had to settle the ridiculous fees for safes and an additional bed that was put upon us.

I have made the following requests to Hotel Diamar all which have been ignored :

1. Offer the reduction in price we deserve for both rooms 401 and 409.
2. Train Mr Juan Angel in the art of customer service and communication
3. Repair the severe problems with air conditioning in the hotel.

Zero response from Hotel Diamar is not what you would expect but it what I have received up until now.

A very disgruntled paying guest - I will not be returning to this hotel.

Sat599

Room Tip: Rooms away from the central area above the dining hall are quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family
4  Thank Sat599
Reviewed September 14, 2016 via mobile

I am currently staying here with my girlfriend after booking a last minute (a month in advance) trip.

The positive reviews on here made me confident the hotel was good however it has far exceeded my expectations. I usually stay in the Canaries as it tends to have many attractions and good weather.

We are currently on the 4th evening of a 7 night stay & we would happily come back next year. The staff are highly friendly. The location is top notch. We were worried that it might be quiet or too near the airport however the hotel is 5KM from the airport & we rarely hear any planes.

The beach is literally across from the hotel. It is one of the nicest beaches I have been to in the Canaries. Perfect sand and perfect to swim as you are protected by a wall in front of the sea which means there is very little undercurrent. Perfect for those who are not great swimmers but might want to get some goggles and see some fish between the rocks below.

I genuinely struggle to agree with some of the negative comments on here. I have stayed in Lanzarote 3 times before, Gran Canaria twice and Tenerife 3 times & this is without a doubt the nicest hotel I have stayed in

The maids do a fantastic job. I was worried as when I booked I was told we would have a rear view room with no balcony. We are staying in room 511 & there is a beautiful view of the mountains behind. There is also a lovely school behind which yes you hear the children during their break time however you are on holiday so really should be up for breakfast by this time.

The food is more than adequate. The breakfast is perfect to suit any appetite. There is a good selection of coffee/tea and cooked and continental breakfast, cereals & fruit

The dinner menu changed daily & whilst it may not cater for everyone there is sufficient choice each night. Should there not be anything hot that takes your fancy there are plenty of salads, breads & sides which meant you would never go hungry. The dessert menu is fab. Unlimited ice creams and cakes & fruit to cater for every need.

The town is very modern & we were half board so needed lunch. We got a bus to Costa Teguise which is only €2.80 for the 2 of us each way. That doesn't get you 2 stops back home. We found we had to go there to change currency but this is a far better rate than back home. My advice is take sterling with you & change it over here. We got 1.11 back home but over here minimum was 1.16.

If you want a good lunch stay away from the restaurants on the seafront as they are quite pricy. We had pizza, side & drink for €5.95 at Telepizza behind and to the right of the hotel. Other times we ate at Costa Teguise however we found this resort had too many Brits for us.

All in all a perfect stay in a perfect location. This is my girlfriends 1st holiday & it is perfect. You walk out of the hotel & it is like being on Miami vice. Palm trees and blue sky & sandy beaches. To the left is the Grand Hotel almost like being in a mini Dubai.

Thank you for a perfect stay Hotel Diamar. See you again soon :)

Stayed: September 2016, traveled as a couple
2  Thank msl6
Reviewed September 13, 2016

Arrecife is a lovely area to visit, but if you decide to travel there be sure not to stay at this hotel. Myself and my Wife had a booking for a double room with a courtyard view. We arrived, checked in and went to our room. We opened the door to find that not only were we given a twin room, the electricity in the room and the supposed courtyard was an internal set of corridors that loomed over the dinning area below. We kept our windows and curtains closed for the duration of our stay as a lot of folks were just wandering past the windows.

I approached the staff about the issue with the twin room booking, to which I was greeted with a rude attitude and an unwillingness to help. The gentleman who I believe was the manager told me that in Lanzarote a double room is never guaranteed, and while there is no double bed in this room, that the room itself is the same size as a double room and beside they never confirmed that we would be receiving a double room even though we requested one.

He could not give me a different room as he had no double rooms. I pointed out that I passed two double rooms on my way down to him that were being cleared after people checked out. He informed me that they are not available as they have other guests who have booked a double room, I pointed that so did I, but regardless of what my booking said he refused to acknowledge that fact. No apology was made, we were not informed before hand, his recommendation was to push the twin beds together and just deal with it. The electricity was fixed by their handy man turning a switch in the room card reader so it no longer required our cards and the power was constantly on.

The rest of the holiday was fine as we spent very little time in the hotel because of this. Arrecife is a lovely area, with a lot of great restaurants throughout. I would recommend checking out other hotels in the area though. There are quite a few so you should be able to find adequate accommodation, I'm sure at least one of them fill the quota of double rooms in order to accommodate the bookings they receive

Room Tip: "Courtyard view does not mean overlooking a courtyard" "Twin rooms are considered double rooms in this Hotel, be warned"
  • Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple