“Good Location, Good Hotel”
Review of Hotel Diamar

Hotel Diamar
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Arrecife
London
“Good Location, Good Hotel”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We booked this hotel based on trip advisor reviews and were not disappointed.
It had OK wifi connection, was an easy distance from the airport (having just arrived). Airport bus dropped us off within 5 minute walk along th sea front. Balcony overlooking sea view was one of my favourite aspects. Very clean. Good value for money.

Breakfast was a full English buffet - could have been kept warmer but very good options, ham, cheese, cereals, fruit, yoghurt, bacon, eggs etc all you could want
My only complaint would be that we would like a couple of English TV channels with films, not just a news channel. We also had one day when the hot water was off but it was fixed by the afternoon.

I would recommend this for anyone staying for couple of days in Arrecife. The only reasons I say a couple of days is because the town itself is not very entertaining. Nothing to do and many restaurants closed on Friday and Saturday when we landed! Hotel very good. Informative and helpful staff.

Room Tip: If you are staying in Arrecife and want good value for money, this is the one. Pick room with sea vi...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Garthess

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 17, 2014

My 2nd stay at this Hotel, this time for one month. Location is across from the ocean,very quiet,
clean, very comfortable, a lot of choices from a buffet breakfast. The staff is very helpful and they speak fluent English. At the reception they know how to make you feel welcome and take very good care of your requests. Rosa made my reservation with a very professional and efficient
manner, aside from English and Spanish she also speaks perfect German. This Hotel is very
convenient for day trips around the Island by bus. Arrecife has plenty shops,restaurants etc.and great long promenades for walking. Looking forward to returning in December 2014.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms at the front, mountains in the back.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We had a lovely week at this Hotel, amazing value for money. I would definitely recommend getting a sea view as the view is fantastic and the sea is right outside the door practically!! As a low budget hotel it worked just fine for us, would certainly return!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Chose this Hotel due to some of the feedback on here - mixed and exactly how I felt at the end of the stay. The hotel is close to beach,shops etc. If this is your choice book a sea-view room - well worth it. Found the Hotel and room clean no complaints there. But there are many areas that need improvement - food not great choice but tasted ok - would have tasted even better if it had been hot or warm at the least, restaurant staff tried their hardest but worked in a hap-hazzard way - for example your first drink is included but by the time you get it you have finished your meal - total lack of organisation. My main complaint however is how a complaint is dealt with - in my case the lack of wi-fi signal on floor 5. I reported this to reception on first day - was told it was my tablet - even though could pick up signal in other area's. Reception told me they would arrange for the router to be re-booted as this had been a problem before. Next day no change - I was stood on the landing (to get wifi) when the lady in the next room passed me with her laptop in hand - she had been told that there was no problem and that the wifi was working ok. I went back to the reception and the gentleman there committed what I call a cardinal sin - he denied that there had been any complaints about the wifi (lady in next room had complained 15 minutes earlier to him) eventually it was confirmed that their was a problem with the wifi on level 5 and an engineer would sort it tomorrow (it was not) the following day a lady stated that it would be fixed tomorrow (again). This was of no interest to me as I was leaving in the morning. If I paid separately for the wifi I would have expected a refund, as this was complimentary I would have expected at the very least for the hotel to have said we have a problem at the moment in the beginning I would have worked around the problem but to furnish me with untruths is not acceptable (I am not ignorant in these matters a repeater, which boosts the signal was not working properly) therefore I could not recommend this hotel to any friends or readers of this review - which is a shame as with a few points addressed this could have led to me leaving a much more positive review.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Strebor1952
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Based on a very good ratings we decided to stay in a hotel for 3 nights during Christmas time and unfortunately from a very beginning our experience wasn't as expected.
NEGATIVES: We have been checked into a room without a sea view paying for a room with a view, the receptionist told us there are no available rooms with a sea view (we booked a room in advance) after our complaint we received a key to a new room only to find out it hasn't been cleaned after a previous guests (3pm) and that was only a beginning. Checking in we asked all info about meal times and have been misinformed about the dinner time. We arrived on the 24th of Dec and enjoying the view we stayed most of the afternoon in the room and went to have Christmas eve dinner at 8.30 pm. The restaurant was already closed and we couldn't even buy anything to eat as all the shops and reataurants were closed. The receptionsit on the arrival informed us dinner finishes at 10pm but forgot to mention on the 24th finishes early. No apologie, nothing.
Room service is very poor in a hotel, I had to clean the floor myself as there were ants everywhere cos cleaners didn't swipe the floor neither in the room nor on the balcony . As a proof we also had an empty cup in our room for 3 days after I asked for a cup of tea on the 24th, nobody moved it. Also we had to go to the reception to ask for a toilet paper what makes me feel it was more like a hostel than a hotel. Rooms were cleaned very late but as I mentioned we stayed there over the Christmas period what might be a reason of a poor service.
POSITIVES: nice view although the hotel is located just by the busy street so don't count on a peacefull stay.
Bus stop is 5min away and distance from th airport is 5km, bus cost only €1.35
FOOD: we book half board option and enjoyed the food, good selection.
BUILDING itself looks much better from inside than outside, rooms are modern and well equipped if only they were cleaned as required
STAFF: well we were disappointed but maybe its only beacuse of the Christmas period and nobody wanted to work.There was definately not enough staff working. Everybody was runnig around the restaurant...chaos
OVERALL we wouldn't stay again:(

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank izapata
Wimborne Minster, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Easy to find near go transport links, rooms and bathrooms a good size exactly as described
Staff excellent and breakfast good choice. Close to beach , all shops and restaurants. Easy transport from airport bus 22, 1.75 euros each, the only problem is that buses do not start until 7.00am and we had a early plane but even at 6.00am in the morning the taxi was only 12 euros
a great place to stay visit and relax

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Clare C
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Good valuable choice, in the middle of Lanzarote. Fine sized clean rooms, with had one with balcony and sea view. Well-supplied by staff, internet in room. Clear recommendation if you wanna stay close to the harbour, beach and restaurants!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Walter S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arrecife
Lancelot Hotel
#2 of 4 in Puerto Calero
Occidental Lanzarote Playa
Occidental Lanzarote Playa
#7 of 38 in Costa Teguise

Been to Hotel Diamar? Share your experiences!