“Great Trek!”

$48.02*
and up
Vineyards of Geria Walking Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Blackstone Treks & Tours Lanzarote offers you guided walks and private tours. Our desire is to show you the island in a different light, without rushing or shorcuts, away from the “big group scene”, so that one may experience a calm and deep view of this beautiful and unique corner of the Atlantic.Welcome to Lanzarote.
Reviewed June 28, 2014

I decided to go a trek at the last moment and when I called to inquire, Jose, was most kind and professional (despite him being on holiday) to include me in next morning's trek - The Fire Route. Raquel, promptly picked me up at the Hotel in the morning and I was immediately at ease, I had a wonderful time. I will have to repeat the cliché but walking around the Timanfaya nature reserve (not National Park) was like walking on another planet for me. Not only was it extremely enjoyable, but highly educational. The pace was perfect and we had ample opportunity to stop, admire the landscape etc. It is rare to find treks conducted by people who know what they are talking about and Raquel is certainly very knowledgeable about the Island! I would no doubt be joining them for another trek to another part of Lanzarote when I am back next.
I want to thank both Jose and Raquel and I hope that you guys keep up the good work!

Jose Luis R, Owner at Blackstone Treks & Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Dear friend,

thank you very much for your comment and we are very much looking forward to meet you again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 1, 2014

We had a great afternoon out with Jose who rearranged a trek for us due to unforeseen circumstances and then dropped us at the airport. He is so knowledgable about his home island, you come back having been educated by someone with loads of enthusiasm for this rather special place.
We chose La Geria as it had a wine tasting at the end and the Bodega was a lvoely way to finish out visit to Lanzarote.
We will certainly look him up again when we visit Lanzarote.

JLRB_69, Propietario at Blackstone Treks & Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2014

Dear friends,

thank you very much for your kind words and I hope to see you back in Lanzarote very soon.

Jose Luis

Reviewed May 20, 2014

We booked the Fire Route to explore the volcanoes in Lanzarote in May 2014. Jose was a welcoming and friendly guide with fluent English and an excellent understanding of the natural history of the Island and an evident respect for and love of the natural world. We gained a fascinating insight into the history of Lanzarote and volcanoes in general. Jose's trip was the jewel in the crown of our 4day break in the canaries and we would recommend this trip as a safe, well-planned, well-executed and hugely enjoyable addition to any holiday. Thanks Jose!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank Rachel B B

Dear friend,

thanks for taking time to write the comment. We are glad to know that you´ve enjoyed our company and we hope to see you again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 20, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our volcano walk with Jose, we found him to be both informative and friendly.
I would recommend Blackstone Treks & Tours to anyone visiting Lanzarote.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Dear friends,
thank you very much for your comment.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

We booked a trek with Jose at fairly short notice and went on the Fire Route on a very hot day in May. Right from the beginning our correspondence with Jose was timely and professional.

We were only in Lanzarote for two days and wanted to learn as much about the island as possible. Jose was waiting for us bright and early at our hotel. We were so impressed with his professional yet friendly attitude to his job. It was obvious he is extremely passionate about his work and the island and his enthusiasm shone through as he taught us about the landscape, wildlife and history of the island.

The transfers from the hotel were comfortable and we were looked after well with waters and snacks (though some of that we happily fed to the lizards).

The trek itself was beautiful and and we walked at a perfect pace. It was extremely peaceful - we ended up seeing more lizards than people.

The key to a great guide is being made to feel like you're being shown around by a knowledgeable friend rather than someone sticking to a script and an itinerary. Blackstone Treks & Tours strikes a perfect balance and we wouldn't hesitate in booking again if we're lucky enough to go back to Lanzarote.

JLRB_69, Propietario at Blackstone Treks & Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Dear friends, thanks for taking time to write a comment about your experience with us and I really appreciate you kind words. By the way, we have just been awarded with the Certificate of Excellence by TripAdvisor so thanks for your help too.
I hope to meet you again.