“Perfect home from home in a fantastic location”

Review of Villa Cassia

Villa Cassia
Main terrace and pool area Villa and private pool
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Villa Cassia
Main terrace and pool area
Villa and private pool
Driveway and front entrance
Enter a caption for your photo
Living and dining area
June 2013 - new luxury loungers
June 2013 - new rattan garden furniture ideal for sipping sangria of an evening
June 2013 - new large portable sun umbrella to give some much needed shade
June 2013 - the entrance to the new water park nearby
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Dutch first
Any
emenyfami...
Wakefield
“Perfect home from home in a fantastic location”
Reviewed June 4, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

We have just returned from a wonderful week's stay in Villa Cassia. The villa layout was just perfect for our party of 2 kids, 2 grandparents, myself and hubby. Every room with it's own bathroom, and both double rooms felt like their own little suite with the bedroom, bathroom and a room in between with full length fitted wardrobes and shelving. Each 'suite' felt very private, so I could float from bedroom to bathroom half dressed without embarrassing myself or my father-in-law! Both double rooms have their own patio doors providing access to the outside terrace and allowing a welcome breeze through the night.

We made good use of the washing machine and dishwasher during out stay, and the extra fridge in the utility room was very useful for large bottles of drinking water etc. We ate breakfast and lunch on the terrace most days with plenty of room around the table for the 6 of us. It is great that there are steps down to the lower terrace / pool area which made it easier to keep the upper terrace clean and dry. I made my kids dry off before going up the steps and back into the villa. It also provided an easy boundary for me to tell my 9 year old that he wasn't allowed down to the lower terrace unless an adult was watching him.

The pool was wonderfully warm and we swam and played every day. There are plenty of options for sitting or laying in the sun or using the parasols for shade.

The villa was literally a 7 minute very pleasant walk down to Playa Flamingo where I bought fresh bread and warm croissants every morning. There are several restaurants along the stretch of Flamingo beach, and a further 20 minute walk gets you into Playa Blanca with a huge choice of eateries.

During our stay we went back twice to a favourite restaurant from a previous holiday at Faro Park, The Port of Call which I can't recommend enough (5 mins drive). We also visited Rancho Texas for the first time which the kids loved and I thought was very good value (25 mins drive).

The key safe outside the front door was extremely useful for our party, as we split up to do different things on a number of days, but always knew we could get back in. I chose not to drive the car down the narrow driveway as we had a large 7 seater with no parking sensors. I could have driven it in....but wouldn't have liked to reverse it out!

The water park across the road is open from 10am until 5pm every day and does play music throughout the day. This didn't bother us, but could be an irritation if you are looking for complete peace and quiet. Likewise the villa is right next to a road with a few coaches a day going past, but the villa is screened off from the road so is still private. We didn't use the waterpark as it is very expensive and the trip advisor reviews mentioned the park not allowing any food to be taken in, and guests may only leave for 15 mins max.

Thank you for the starter groceries which were provided - very welcome when arriving late in the evening.

All in all we loved our stay and definitely hope to return.

Jun 5, 2017
Thank you for the excellent review Mary & I'm so pleased that you & your family had such a great holiday there. Hope to welcome you back again in the future. Best regards from Kay - the owner.
Lesley B
“Beautiful villa and excellent location”
Reviewed June 1, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

I have been going to the villa every year for the past 3 years and think it is the nicest one I've been too. The villa is kept very modern and has loads of toys and games for kids. This year when we went we had the pleasure of meeting Alana who was lovely and had the villa the cleanest we had ever seen it. Couldn't fault anything and such a lovely short walk to all the favourite bars and restaurants which we have become regulars. This really is a home from home.
Can't wait to go back next year Kay you should be so proud of how lovely it is!

Jun 3, 2017
Thank you for your review. I'm very proud to have so many repeat bookers like yourself & hope I will be welcoming you back soon.
I'm delighted you & your family/friends had another great holiday at Villa Cassia. From Kay the owner.
thekentie...
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Lovely villa, poor managers”
Reviewed May 28, 2017 for a stay in April 2017
people found this review helpful

This is a lovely villa, and four of us have stayed in it for three weeks for the past two years, and found it excellent. However my husband and I recently stayed on our own for three weeks and were very disappointed by the change in the managing agents. The previous managers were pleasant and helpful, and made an initial visit to introduce themselves and check all was satisfactory. The current managers were never seen, although one of them was apparently unwell from the Tuesday of the second week. The other one (the male) is clearly not a 'people person' and I found him to be rude and unprofessional in the manner in which he communicated with me. Whatever his personal situation he is paid to do a job in a professional and courteous manner, which he failed to do. I think the villa owner has made a mistake in changing her management team.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
May 30, 2017
Thank you for your feedback. Pleased you had a lovely stay yet again but disappointed in your comments regarding my new managers. Unfortunately, Alana was in Intensive Care in hospital after an emergency operation when you were trying to contact her about your problem with the TV. Her husband Steve did contact you to ask for your patience & understanding in the difficult circumstances & copied in myself & your booking agent. He did organise an engineer who I believe found a loose wire & immediately sorted it for you. If Steve didn't sound friendly enough I think you must realise he was in shock at the emergency situation regarding his wife. Steve & Alana have an excellent reputation on the island & I have had fantastic feedback on the departure questionnaires including the one you completed. I apologise for any possible inconvenience you may have experienced but am delighted that overall you marked the villa "excellent" & hope we can welcome you back on another occasion. Kay - the owner.
Guy V
Halifax, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Villa in Superb Position”
Reviewed June 28, 2015 for a stay in June 2015

We were a party of 5 (ages 51, 47, 21, 21 and 19) and we all absolutely loved our holiday in this villa. The villa is equipped with everything you could need and has a really well planned layout. It was spotlessly clean and well maintained and the management were a pleasure to deal with. The villa is in an excellent position with restaurants, bars, supermarket and Flamingo beach all within 10 minutes walk. 5 minutes drive (approx 4 euros in a taxi) or a 25-30 minute walk gets you to the centre of Playa Blanca with a wider range of shops and bars/restaurants and a larger busier beach. We hired a car but the location of this villa makes it perfect for those who prefer not to drive. Overall this is a fantastic villa and we would definitely recommend it and can't wait to visit again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Can't pick one thing as everything was excellent
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Vivienne...
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Fab-u-lous”
Reviewed May 8, 2014 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

This is a wonderful Villa,every-thing you want and need is provided for. Beautifully clean, very well presented,fantastic pool and seating areas, a brick built barbecue which was great. Hairdryers are provided in each bed-room. Villa Managers very helpful and efficient. Aqua Water Park right opposite the Villa, opens 10-5pm this did not disturb us at all.
We hired a car, this was fab as we toured around the Island most days,falling into some beautiful little gems of Villages and Marinas. Eating out was lovely but,hiring a taxi in the evenings became a bit of a running joke between us all, explaining the location of the Villa was not easy,we succeeded in the end tho!!! If I had one suggestion it would be to have some hand rails in the bathroom areas,I have walking difficulties and the shower cubicle area is small and tiled floors can be slippy, bathrooms are beautiful and roomy tho. Beds very comfortable but, rather low down for me to get in and out of. Hot water plentiful, washing machine provided which is handy.
Take Mosquito plug in's and creams etc with you if holidaying April/May, they were very active :(
All in all this was a fantastic holiday.(we have never hired a Villa before) we all found the whole experience very easy and relaxing, with great company, a great Island, great food, made extra,extra,extra special by the fantastically fabulous 'Villa Cassia' Thank-you to the owner Kay who was just great to deal with, (four big smiles). Much success to you in the future Kay. Vivienne, Paul, Julie and Paul.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Every-thing
Liked least: Taxi's
Traveling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
pippit
Southport, United Kingdom
“Villa Cassia is perfect in every way”
Reviewed April 13, 2014 for a stay in April 2014

We have just spent a wonderful 12 days at Villa Cassia, the only way to describe the villa is perfect in almost every way. We immediately felt at home there, it is beautifully laid out, spotlessly clean and the outside area wonderful with tables, sun loungers and more formal garden seating. The lounge and 2 main bedrooms all open out onto the garden and pool area; if the sun is out, you can sit in it! The bedroom arrangements also mean you are not too close to one another should you need a snooze. The villa does not have air conditioning but its shutters allow for the pleasant passage of fresh air without that constant fan hum and unnatural dryness.
The pool is lovely and warm and our grand daughter in particular would have spent the entire day by the pool. There is a water park across the road but this is not obtrusive at all. The British neighbours and their dog Sultan are also very friendly and helpful. We really did not want to leave and are already planning our next visit to Villa Cassia. Thanks to owner Kay and the Lanz Luxury Villas team.

Carly1313
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Fantastic stay”
Reviewed March 22, 2014 for a stay in March 2014

Just returned after a 10 night stay at villa cassia and had a fantastic time. The villa is less than a 10 min walk to the beach and 15 to 20 min to main resort of playa blanca. The villa was spotlessly clean and well maintained, there are 3 good size bedrooms with their own shower and bathroom. The two master bedrooms have French doors leading out to terraced area and there is no need to bring a hairdryer as these rooms have them. It has a good size heated pool and great outdoor area with plenty of sun loungers and a BBQ which get the sun all day, if you want to get out of the sun there's a shaded area with table and chairs. If travelling with children the owner has thought of everything from travel cots to high chairs for tots and x box and wi game ,DVD, colouring pens and books,playing cards ,bats and balls out door table and chairs for kids too. Just across the road from the villa there's a water park which will keep the kids amused, let's face it if the kids are happy that makes a happy holiday. I have stayed in many a villa in Florida but this one beats it hands down for location to everything , there's no need to hire a car as we did as we only used it to save us carrying the shopping. Bus stop on the doorstep of the villa and Tracy the next door neighbour was very helpfull where to buy butcher meat for BBQ and places to eat and drink. If I was to think of any faults with this villa the only one I could think of was that it gets a bit chilly at night and bedding felt damp, but this could be due too the time of year it was and that there's no heating, (nothing that a hollagen heater won't fix.) hoping to book this villa again in November, will defo book this for next September with my daughter and grand children can't wait. Thanks for a fantastic stay at your villa Kay.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing