“Never fails to please”

Ranked #435 of 1,542 Restaurants in Lanzarote
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Mama Africa is an International Restaurant with a daily changing menu with a fresh approach. We pride ourselves on quality cuisine and service with a smile.We cater for large groups/special occasions and vegetarians. The menu has Daily Fresh Fish, Meat, Seafood and have been told we do one of the best Green Thai Chicken Currys ever and the Chocolate Volcano Dessert is out of this world.The head Chef/Owner is Monica who is originally from Chile and brings influences of this to the Menu.We have a select wine menu of Local, Spanish & Chilean Wines by the glass and bottle.Mama Africa welcomes all to come and enjoy our cuisine and hospitality.RegardsMonica
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Monica and Mark ensure their guests receive a very warm welcome at Mama Afrika. I have eaten there many times over a number of years and the food is consistently of the highest standard. Excellent fresh produce and wonderful flavours. Looking forward to a return visit in March!

1  Thank NickyJMW

Reviewed February 1, 2013

We stayed at Club La Santa and have eaten in the nearby village several times but Mama Africa is definitely a step up from the normal cuisine.
Beautifully presented food, well cooked, local ingredients.
We had the "early bird" menu and all thought it was great value for money. If you try here, you won't be disappointed!

1  Thank Sarah D
Mark P, Owner at Mama Africa Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Thankyou for your review. Look forward to seeing you again soon. Regards Monica

Reviewed January 31, 2013

We were recommended to eat at Mama Africa from people we met at La Santa. We arrived at 7.15 and went for the Early Bird menu - 3 courses for 19 euros. What a fantastic surprise. Our expectations were lowish as we'd been disappointed by another restaurant in the village. The starter of Lentil soup arrived in lovely bowls with warm rolls and olives and salsa. Perfect. The next course of sea bass was beautifully presented on a spotless white plate - two pieces of fish with asparagus, carrots and potatoes - all cooked to perfection in a lovely fragrant indian sauce. Pud was cherry or apple tart with ice cream - that was up to scratch too. Forgot to say, the meal came with a glass of sangria. We were enjoying ourselves so much we ordered more wine. What a great experience! The restaurant was packed with people looking as happy as us. It was nice that the chef came out to talk to us - Monica? A lovely way to end our holiday. We'll be back next year.

2  Thank sev8
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Great food great staff eaten there a few times when we was on our honeymoon back in June 2012..... i will say me and my husband felt mama Africa gave a little extra i can not fault it at all we went for our last night in lanzarote we was made to feel very special .... we are so looking forward to going back in June 2013 ....

1  Thank Shanijo44

Thanks for the review. Look forward to seeing you again soon. Regards Monica.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Recently visited La Santa in Lanzorote where I came upon this lovely restaurant called Mama Africa just as you enter the village. So for lunch I thought I would try a small taster of what was on offer by ordering a few small starters.

After a short decision of deciding on what to have I settled for some steamed green lipped mussels, king prawns with a honey and date sauce, a selection of meats, olives and bread with a lovely sauce, which had a lovely chilean twist to it.

I visited the restuarant again that evening and the interior was warm and welcoming just like the owners, Monica and Mark.

With an inviting menu and many tempting dishes to choose from I'm sure if I'd have been here for a few days I would have tried them all, leaving nothing to be taken away.

For my starter I had the courgette soup followed by my main course of Duck Breast with a nest of noodles resting on top with a Honey & Vanilla glaze sauce with an assortment of blanched vegtables and fruit, which was presented beautifully, shame I had to devour it really.

Desert had to wait a while whilst I tried a few brazilian cocktails (recommended by the brazilian waiter) but the wait was well worth it as I ordered a chocolate volcano that oozed liquid chocolate.

All in all the food was with out doubt the best food I'd tasted in the my whole stay throughout Lanzarote. So if you are passing through then I WOULD make a bee-line for this lovely place.

Not sure about one of the write ups on this place, suggesting that he/she was coaxed into having breakfast here, this place doesn't do breakfast!

1  Thank Seaglen