Restaurant Lagomar
Reserve with
Restaurant Lagomar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #261 of 1,515 Restaurants in Lanzarote
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 17, 2013

We visited Lagomar for a meal after a local had told us how beautiful it was and yes it certainly was that! The grounds are amazing and the way they've built a bar and peaceful areas into the caves around are fantastic - there's stepping stones over water to get around and swirling steps taking you to each beautiful part - I must admit it had such a magical feel to it and I am really pleased we got to see it as ive never seen anything like it in my life. We went on a night time so couldn't see the views of the volcanoes from a height near by but apparently in the day time you get some lovely views from there and best of all you can just visit the grounds - not the actual restaurant if you just wanted to have a look!
Now for the food... don't get me wrong it was presented amazing and it was very nice - but I felt common eating there :-/ everything was so posh - for starters we had chorizo and banana (yes together) croquettes - they were unusual!
Main meals consisted of pork, duck and ox - not your normal menu
I had duck confit with apple puree (which I wasn't struck on), tomato jam and some sort of shredded potato pieces that I think were deep fried - it was really nice and brilliantly presented but like I say and this is just personal preference - it's not my sort of place to eat - I went hope to a bag of crisps as I was still hungry :-/
My boyfriend ordered pork and it was gorgeous - melt in your mouth!
Puddings were ok.
I wouldn't eat here again as it was very pricey and posh but a lot of people may like this sort of cuisine and I would recommend it if you do like eating somewhere like this - if your like me (pub grub, curries ect. lol) then probably not for you.
I would definitely recommend anyone to go and view the grounds though, it does have a very romantic feel to it.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

My wife and I have just had lunch at the Lagomar restaurant - what treat!
Lagomar has to be the most interesting home ever built in Lanzarote being built right into the cliffs and formally owned (very briefly) by Omar Sherif. The views are just stunning.
Now a museum, Lagomar is well worth the 5 Euro entrance fee if only to see what a great architect can do with his skills if given a chance (the entrance is free if you dine at the restaurant).
The fare is expensive. But the food, prepared in a french style, was very good and worth the price (if you are ready for the sticker shock compared to many other places in the area).
Combined with the interesting home this a a very worth while venue to explore!

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Wonderful location with food to match. Fabulous different dishes that I have not experienced before. Husband had an amazing fish salad, (one of the specials that evening) and the pineapple ravioli was simple yet delicious and one of the best desserts I've had in a long time. Having read some of the reviews I expected it to be more expensive than it was - would certainly recommend for that something special whilst on holiday.

3  Thank Rosiebon
Reviewed October 6, 2013

yes... it is a fab place to have a perfect diner just ripped from movies ....
the food and service was fantastic... even not to many dishes to chose but in my opinion is much better....
the price yes is true I think is a bit to high... but if you have that money deserve it for 1 night to spend with your couple...
is very romantic place and music inside... at least was like that when I was there....
I ll recommend it at least for once in life.... if you are not to choosy ... or to demanding... as many of you are normally thinking that you can do it better then the others... or simply you like to judge to much in the bad way... not constructive way!
ciao ciaoooo bacalaoooo
VAlentino

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Fab place ....straight out of James Bond...makes you want to rush home and change your own house / garden....unforgettable ..

1  Thank AndyEborn