“Very busy and very good”
Review of Al Maccaroni

Al Maccaroni
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 21, 2014

We had a ten minute wait for a table for dinner but it was worth waiting. The staff were charming and helpful. The pizza seems to be top seller but I chose the Tagliata which is steak sliced and cooked in the pizza oven to order and came with French fries. It was cooked exactly as I ordered and I ate every scrap. My wife had a delicious seafood ravioli served with a creamy sauce. We also were offered Faustino in a small bottle, much more than a glass serving for €2.95, good value I think. I would certainly go back.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We had intended to go back to Kitchen Lovers but they were closed on Mondays. Walking along the promenade we were invited to try this restaurant. As it was getting late for lunch, we decided to give it a try. We had croquettes and calamari to start, followed by the risotto and baked gnocchi. The calamari was hot and crisp, but the croquettes, while good, were only warm. Both the risotto and the gnocchi were good and hot. For me, the gnocchi was greatly improved by the garlic oil that I requested, and which arrived promptly. A nice bottle of Rioja went down well.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

We fancied italian but menu didnt inspire and we opted for chicken & vegetable paella- Big Mistake!! Paella for 2 consisted of Rice 8 x small bite pieces of chicken & minimal veg. Totally lacked any flavour, which was a great disappointment after potatas bravas that consisted of cubed fried potatoes with a separate dip that tasted & looked like tomato ketchup with a splash of worcester sauce!! Other customers meals looked colour less & unappetizing & were only partly eaten!! Definitely not recommended!!

Reviewed February 3, 2014

The restaurant was busy when we went for dinner, but we were persuaded to sit at one of the outside tables. Our order was taken. Our drinks appeared promptly, followed shortly by my wife's starter. Then nothing! After several reminders to our waiter to no avail, and a delay of almost an hour, we walked out without paying (despite the waiter's protestations).

Reviewed January 27, 2014

We visited Al Maccaroni twice for lunch and once for dinner. The service is friendly and efficient. We tried pizza, soup and paella, all quite good and not too expensive.