“Free fabulous but for fit only.”
Review of Jardin Canario

Jardin Canario
Book In Advance
More Info
$61.62*
and up
Northern Gran Canaria Tour from Las Palmas
More attraction details
Owner description: This unique garden erected on the side of a ravine has examples of every kind of vegetation found on the Canaries.
Reviewed February 20, 2013

It's free. The 303 bus fron Las Palmas bus station every half hour stops at the higher entrance. A wonderful view of steep hill side down to lower gardens. Be sure to pick up plan form foyer of pretentious Jardin Canaria restaurant before entering gardens as paths are very steep and circuitous so its easy to go round in circles. Beware numbers on plan do not co-incide with those on signposts. Good Exhibition Centre only open Monday to Friday. Gardens wonderful; waterfalls, lily ponds, dragon trees laurel forest, but an amazing Cacti Garden.
Most of garden is near lower entrance which has several bars but this is not served by buses and a taxi back to town would be about 15 euros. Sadly no shop. My husband a non-plant lover was so intriqued that we made a second visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,229)
All reviews
in 35 reviews
"san telmo"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Very interesting nature attraction in Canarias with lovely mountain valley views, wide range of flora de Canarias and clean soft mountain air. Nevertheless, very unsafe and even dangerous.
We went there two days ago and our beautiful trip ended in hospital: a 50 cm in diameter rock dropped from mountain and got exactly on my 2-year-old child head. Thanks God, after a day in hospital and all the tests,we came out with just a big bruise. Another angle could give more dramatic outcome. So, I strongly recommend to watch out and don't bring little kids there. In addition, some paths aren't bordered or secured from a break, that's why in case of dizziness it could be unsafe to go by a narrow path there.
My conclusion is to visit Jardin Canario with small kids only in lower terrace and enjoy cactus garden, be very careful while walking up, take a company in case of dizziness ao blood pressure problems.
If you take taxi from Las Palmas- 15 euro in one way. You can also go by bus 301,302,303 from Las Palmas bus station.

4  Thank Romanamama
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Having read about this place in the guide book, we decided to combine a visit to the Bandama Caldera first and then see the gardens on the way back to town. There were a few visitors around but as it's planted over a huge area we never actually bumped into anyone. The plants are lovingly looked after all round, verdant and thriving whichever way you look. Some of the paths were a bit slippery due to recent rain and some of the sharp turns might be difficult for the elderly. We spent two and a half hours there quite happily, it closes at 6pm in the winter months.Entry free. A gift shop would be a bonus, selling seeds, books, etc. The restaurant is offering good honest food, stylish presentation and decor and very curteous service topped with the awesome view over the whole garden !! A must.

2  Thank AKMSouthCoastUK
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I was looking for a shore excursion that did not involve a long and winding bus ride, so I went on this one. I am so glad that I did. These are simply beautiful gardens. What a great walk! It was raining when we went which made this even better - everything is so clean and alive with the rain. If you like nature and low key, definitely visit here. I'm coming to Las Palmas again next year and will go back to the gardens.

3  Thank Luv2Travel_DoU