1,314 results
All reviews rooftop pool sea view fiesta bar top floor las palmas marina bar flotation pool roma restaurant town view massage bed half board steam room gran canaria beachfront location breakfast and dinner excellent hotel sky news
Selected filters
Reviewed February 18, 2017

My husband and I have recently returned from a four nights’ stay at Hotel Reina Isabel. After taking a taxi from the airport (25 minutes for 36 euros) we arrived at 1pm to be told that our room wasn’t ready although check-in is from 12pm to midnight. When I queried this I was told to go for a walk and come back and that checking in time was ‘whenever the room is ready.’ Not a great start and no offer of a complimentary drink as we have received in other hotels…
Upon our return over an hour later, we were finally able to check-in. Our junior suite (room 510) had a ‘city view’. This just meant a view of the buildings opposite. The room, however, was spotless. The walk-in shower was powerful, there was lots of storage and the wi-fi was fast. I phoned reception for a kettle having brought my own coffee sachets as I knew that no tea/coffee facilities were available. I also knew in advance that we had to pay in order to use the room safe. Bathrobes and slippers were provided as was a good selection of toiletries which were topped up daily. Bottled water however was only offered on the first day so we stocked up from the local mini-market. We asked for English channels to be put on our tv and this request was obliged.
This hotel is situated on the promenade with free access to sun loungers on the beach (just provide your room number). Plenty of bars and restaurants line the beach front and it was a 25 minutes’ walk to the shopping centre although we were a little disappointed by the lack of shops once there.
Entertainment at the hotel came in the form of a guitarist and jazz/pop singer on a Tuesday and Thursday evening. We never visited the spa but the gym had a good selection of equipment and the roof-top pool looked inviting. Breakfast was included in our stay and the buffet offered a good range, particularly of eggs, although the cakes didn’t appeal and remained the same over the five days. I also thought the positioning of preserves was in the wrong place. Holiday makers had to stretch over the open jars to get to plates and dishes before scooping out their chosen preserve or condiment and returning the long handled spoons back into the jar for the next user.
This is a good hotel to stay in if you want to be close to the beach and bars. It offers attentive staff and a fair selection of reasonably priced cocktails.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank T4Nina4
Reviewed February 16, 2017

I would highly recommend this hotel. The staff were all very friendly, attentive and helpful.

The hotel is clean and spacious. Free wifi is offered and this works around the roof top pool too.

Our bedroom was a good size with a fridge, safe and balcony. The bathroom was huge with a large walk in shower.

The roof top pool and bar are a real bonus as is the spa.

The buffet breakfast offers so much choice including gluten free biscuits and lactose free cheese. There is a toaster so you can bring your own bread which I did.

The hotel has its own private beach area with sun beds and umbrellas. The promenade is right outside the hotel so you can step out to enjoy many restaurants and shops.

The only slight negative I have is that there isn't tea/coffee making facilities in the bedroom but I think that's usual for hotels in Europe.

Bottled water each day would be a nice touch.

All in all I would not hesitate to stay here again!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank TIGWINK
Reviewed February 14, 2017 via mobile

My young daughter and I had a lovely stay at Reina Isabel. The staff were charming, the room a generous size and the sea view totally worth the few extra euros.

It feels like seeing and old, elegant friend. Although not sophisticated, it is comfortable, welcoming and easy to be around.

The terrace in the evening had a buzzy comfortable atmosphere and I enjoyed my salad and papas con mojo.

The beds were comfortable and I liked the modern, clean bathroom.

The location of the hotel on Canteras itself is fantastic. The view of the Atlantic in the morning from our room was a really special.

I had a small issue with my booking which Silvana thoroughly investigated and resolved which meant my check in was very smooth and the welcome given to me very warm. A true test is how somewhere reacts to a problem and the staff at Reina Isabel certainly dealt with this very, very well.

I will most definitely be staying at the Reina Isabel at my next visit.

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank LauraN2168
Reviewed February 13, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights and really enjoyed it. The hotel is situated overlooking Las Canteras beach and we had a room with a sea view which was lovely to wake up to. Our room was not too large but very well appointed and we had everything we needed.
There was a large swimming pool on the roof on the eighth floor and also an excellent spa with sauna, steam room and numerous jacuzzi jets coming from all directions!
We ate in the buffet restaurant and it was good. Lots to choose from and good value for 21€ per person. Drinks were very reasonably priced also. We did not try the a la carte restaurant as it did seem to be a bit too pricey.
Staff were attentive and we were well looked after. Would definitely go back again.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank 789JulieS
Reviewed February 12, 2017

Excellent hotel with a perfect location. We had a very nice room with a lovely sea view. Very good breakfast; good options even for a vegetarian (soy yogurt, fresh fruits etc.). The spa is small but worth visiting.

Date of stay: December 2016