We stayed at Santa Catalina for an extended week and enjoyed the comfort and the ambience of this Canarian palace. The hotel is tucked away in a vast park a block from the coastal highway, between the charming old Vegueta and the elegant Triana in the South and the new downtown quarters and the Las Canteras beach in the North. Despite appearances there are actually several good restaurants in the vicinity - not least in the yacht harbour - although the hotel's own lunch and dinner restaurant is a well-known waterhole for gourmets and the local elite. Most things are top-notch at the Santa Catalina - beautiful architechure, professional reception team, spacious rooms, excellent spa and fitness facilities...
Having said that, we find some minor improvements still to be needed:
- Improved wifi capacity, too slow as is
- Refurbishment of the outdoor pool area - vast empty areas of concrete and plastic chairs does not convey a 5* feeling
- Large television set in the beautiful old bar - please move it elsewhere
- It is time to install new elevators
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Santa Catalina 5*, which construction dates of the year 1890, is a reference in the city of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria. Since its opening, famous personalities such as Sir Winston Churchill, Maria Callas, Gregory Pack, Presidents of Governments and States such as the Royal Family, have chosen the Hotel Santa Catalina 5* as to stay in during their visit to the island. The hotel is situated in the centre of the Parque Doramas, a huge park surrounded by palmtrees and only a few metres away of the promenade. Disposes of 202 rooms, 3 big conferencerooms as to celebrate all types of events such as weddings, congresses and a business centre which consists of 4 smaller conferencerooms as to celebrate meetings, lunches/dinners, presentations etc. The A La Carte Restaurant "La Terraza", awarded with 3 suns in the Repsol guide and run by our Chef Jose Rojano, will surprise diners with original plates such as mango gazpacho... During the night you will be able to have a drink on our fantastic open air terrace and at the same time enjoy the lovely music of our piano player. Let yourself be pampered in our Spa Centre where our professionals will do their utmost as to make your stay as pleasant as possible. Finish your day by having a relaxing bath in our outdoor pool and a snack in our poolbar. It does not matter for which reason you will stay at the Hotel Santa Catalina 5*, for business or pleasure, we do know though that your stay at the hotel will be unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Orbitz, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Santa Catalina Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Santa Catalina
- Santa Catalina Hotel Gran Canaria/Las Palmas De Gran Canaria