“Fresh Fish”
Review of La Marinera

La Marinera
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 21, 2013

The sole was delicious ,so big I could not finish it . The views across the sea and Beach Front were delightful with all the twinkling lights , a fair price ,well worth a visit .

Write a ReviewReviews (1,641)

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I was not impressed by the grilled fish I ordered. It was not fresh and tasted rubbery. The options were either fried or grilled fish. The appetiser which was served earlier comprising of croquettes, prawns, ham and salad was better. The restaurant allowed people to smoke hence it was unpleasant having cigar smoke blown at my face the entire time. You could smell the fishy smell from the fishing boats as you entered the restaurant.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

we visit this restaurant every time when we are in Las Canteras
since they serve a wide range of fresh fish which you can choose yourself from the counter.
They prepare it like you want it. If you do not feel like eating fish try the puntas de solomillo..

service is excellent, winelist as well, prices reasonable

Reviewed January 9, 2013

My experience at La Marinera was SPECTACULAR :-) It was recommended to us from a local and that's when I said, "Let's Do it!" I am so glad I asked and we were in a food-blissful-heavenly elation that was never to be forgotten.
We had the opportunity to look at our fish and select it :-) As well as my friend, that had beef, she selected which piece she wanted. We were able to meet the chef that was cooking and he told me how he would prepare my 'salt encrusted Dorada'.
The staff were so helpful and friendly and brought to our table a special on the house which was, I cannot remember the exact name of the dish, but it was smoked fish, sliced thin served with olive oil. They also brought a house dip for the bread that was delicious, reminds me of a rich alioil sauce.
When the main dishes were presented, my fish, the waiter directly in front of us prepared the fish, cracked off the salt layer, removed all the bones and skin and served it!! That experience alone was priceless all in itself. The fish was served with butter-golden small potatoes with herbs. The fish was SO flavorful and rich in taste. Simple, yet simply AMAZING!
Another waiter poured a me a glass of rojo viejo that he said was the best. I had such a great experience from the food to the staff. You don't get treated like that anywhere.
The desserts was okay from what I recall but the tapas and main dish was beautiful beyond words.
The views from the restaurant were breathtaking and so beautiful. The sounds around, besides the guest within the restaurant were soothing from the ocean.
I would definitely go again! I would totally recommend this to any and everyone wanting a fresh experience and have a taste for great seafood selections. I would like to note it is a little on the pricey side (depending on your seafood selections) but well worth the experience.

1  Thank LaTashaMarie
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Best choice (though you may find prices are quite high) to eat fresh fish at Las Canteras. Try Sama a la Espalda, Lapas (if they happen to have any) or order some meat if you are not a fish lover. Waitresses and waiters are really welcoming