Excellent location, in an old monastery. Serene atmosphere.
The warm wind is omnipresent and makes this place unique. Situated on top of a cliff 200m above sea level is a guarantee for en excellent view over the harbour, the city and the inland mountains.
Strolling through the gardens of the Parador is already worth the visit. The only drawback: breakfast, not much choice and not a good value for money, you can however order breakfast in your room at no extra cost.
The menu in the restaurant is OK but if you only like 2 things on the menu you'll only go there twice as the menu did not change during our stay. Excellent choice of local wines!
No one forbids you to buy local food and have a cheese, bread and red wine dinner outside your hotel room in the unique atmosphere that makes La Gomera so special.
We used the hotel as our base while discovering the island with a rented car.
Hotel staff is very discrete and very helpfull.
We'd go there again for sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The building of this Parador expresses in its architectural forms the mysteries and enigmas in this Canary island and invites the guest to enjoy themselves in this paradisiacal setting and to contemplate, from its common rooms, unsurpasable views of the ocean and of the island of Tenerife in the background with the Teide peak. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, HotelTravel.com and Odigeo so you can book your Parador de la Gomera reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parador De La Gomera Hotel
- Parador De La Gomera San Sebastian De La Gomera, Spain