We have visited the other 4 Paradores of the Canary Islands (Gran Canaria, El Hierro, La Palma and Tenerife). The one on La Gomera awoke the greatest emotions inside us.
The location of the hotel on top of a steep and rocky cliff (overlooking San Sebastian) is spectacular! From the moment you enter this 40 years old property you can feel that it is a very special place. The furniture is wonderful, architecture is wonderful, the gardens are wonderful!
Staff at reception is very efficient and friendly. Staff at the bar and in the restaurant as well.
It is such a nice experience to have a nice dinner in the patio - one can relax as much as hardly anywhere else on the archipelago. The gardens are huge, there are wonderful plants and flowers. There is a big pool with lovely views over the port. Deck chairs and umbrellas could be exchanged in the near future, they disappointed me a bit...
Our room had a magnificent sea view and we enjoyed 4 very quiet and relaxing days on this beautiful, rocky island. Furniture was old and traditional as one can expect it in a Parador. We loved it! The bathroom was ok but could be improved. Lack of kleenex, it is a detail but yes, I do expect it in a 4* hotel. Room service was efficient and very friendly, food is excellent and the way it is presented is 5 stars! We intended to stay here for 2 days. Then we extended to 3 and then to 4 - just because it is a lovely place to stay in harmony and peace! We would turn back at any time and it was one of our favourite hotels during our trip, visiting all the 7 Canary Islands and staying in 15 different hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The building of this Parador expresses in its architectural forms the mysteries and enigmas in this Canary island and invites the guest to enjoy themselves in this paradisiacal setting and to contemplate, from its common rooms, unsurpasable views of the ocean and of the island of Tenerife in the background with the Teide peak. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Parador de la Gomera reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parador De La Gomera Hotel
- Parador De La Gomera San Sebastian De La Gomera, Spain