We spent the first three days in La Gomera in the Parador, which is very convenient for the ferry from Tenerife, and then moved on to an apartment in Valle Gran Rey. San Sebastian wasn’t far away - a 10-
minute walk down. The town is unspoilt, and not touristy, with a good selection of shops and bars.
We had a superior double room, which is worth getting, since you end up with a better room and a nicer view. Our room was very comfortable, with a 4-poster bed and a smart bathroom. The balcony looked across to Tenerife, with the sound of waves crashing on the shore. The Parador gardens are beautiful, well-kept and shady, with fantastic views of Tenerife, San Sebastian and El Teide. The swimming pool has a lovely clifftop setting, but was rather cold in February.
It's a good idea to have the half-board option, since we enjoyed a huge breakfast and evening meal, and didn’t really need any lunch. We had just about the best breakfasts we’ve had in Spain, with an extensive buffet replete with fresh fruit, cooked breakfasts, cold meats and cheeses, cereals, cakes and croissants, etc. The evening meals had a good choice, even with the more limited half-board option, and the service and food were excellent.
The staff were helpful and professional, although it helps if you can speak a bit of Spanish. This was the sixth Parador in Spain we have stayed in, and the best equal (with the Parador in Jaen).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The building of this Parador expresses in its architectural forms the mysteries and enigmas in this Canary island and invites the guest to enjoy themselves in this paradisiacal setting and to contemplate, from its common rooms, unsurpasable views of the ocean and of the island of Tenerife in the background with the Teide peak. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotwire, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your Parador de la Gomera reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parador De La Gomera Hotel
- Parador De La Gomera San Sebastian De La Gomera, Spain