Chateau Guillaumme
Palm's Hotel Trinidad(Port of Spain)
$86
$66
$53
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Sundeck Suites(Port of Spain)
$88
  • Restaurant
$108
$100
$185
$145
  • Pool
The Carlton Savannah(Port of Spain)
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 23, 2013

"Think of this as your home". The greeting my wife and I received on arrival. Matthew and Joan treat their guests as friends, and we are very pleased to be able to now count them as friends.
The place is very clean and the rooms spacious and comfortable. Beds are also very comfortable and Joan pops in every day to make them up etc.. The food served each morning was varied, always tasty and always plenty of it. Fresh mangoes and five fingers, (star fruit), were growing in the garden, and we were encouraged to help ourselves. A well stocked kitchen is available for use at any time.
Matthew makes things happen, and goes to great lengths to make your stay one to remember, whether some information about T&T, or a tour to see the various wildlife and sights, a chance to see and hear steel bands or whatever takes your fancy, Matthew will fix it.
My wife and I are pleased to be able to recommend Chateau Guillaumme to anyone. The term Bed and Breakfast does not do it justice--- it is much more than that, and in fact more comfortable than most of the other places we stayed in T&T, and certainly more friendly.
When we left we had to catch a 3am aircraft and Matthew was up and ready to take us -- no problems... A good place with good folks. You will not do better.

Room Tip: Every room is quiet, clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Terry T
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We arrived in Arima without reservations, and Matthew quickly had us settled into a spotless room. We liked the layout of this place --- several rooms along a hallway leading to a kitchen with a dining area, where we had full access to fridge, etc. It was just a short walk into the easy-to-explore town, where the street food is great and plentiful. We actually turned down breakfast because we wanted to try the doubles in town, but it appeared to be substantial and carefully prepared. Matthew is available for chats, advice, tours, etc. (and a not-cheap ride to the airport).

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jennie M
Reviewed February 21, 2013

January 2013 was my 6th stay at Chateau Guillaumme, this time for 4 weeks; it started by chance, with one night to catch an early plane; and I found the place so clean, I felt secure, and the hosts were most friendly; so I came back and my stays grew longer each time; having retired, it is a full month now; Matthew fetches the guests at the airport whatever the ungodly hour! the same when leaving. Joan and Mattew are both great cooks, and breakfast in the common room or in the garden is a real treat. And what about the cakes ?!
I do not rent a car, it's much easier (and safer!) having Matthew organize tours and drive all over the country which he knows so well. One of my main interests is birding and visiting nature places; Arima is very well located for that purpose; and Matthew knows people and how to get permits when needed.
The rooms are not very big, but well set up with a/c and cable tv; they are kept spotless by Barbara and Joan; during the day, when not touring or birdwatching in the garden, I would spend time in the common room on the Internet. Complimentary Wi-fi is provided.
Chateau Guillaumme has only 4 bedrooms; and it is very pleasant to have a good lime with other guests from different parts of the world; over a month, I met people from Germany, Poland, Botswana, Venezuela, the States, Trinidad, France...
Trinidad is a multi-cultured country, and Joan and Matthew are great guides: Joan introduced me to Indian culture with Divali events, Indian cooking and food. With Matthew, it was Parang. And of course, Carnival!
Thank you so much, Joan, Matthew and Barbara, for making me feel so alive when in Trinidad with you. God willing, I'll be back for another month in 2014 for Easter and 2015 for Carnival.
Marie-Claude from Martinique (FWI)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Marie_Claude972
Reviewed November 19, 2012

What an amazing trip! The tours were much more than expected and I would recommend it to EVERYONE!!! Matthew is the best host and took such good care of us, he has such a passion for his country and wants to share it with everybody!! I'll be going back to Trinidad very soon thanks to you Matthew!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Koba G
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Arriving late at the airport after a 48 hours journey, we were really pleased to see Matthew waiting for us with our names on a board ! ...
Arima is a very central location on the island to explore the north coast ... And Chateau Guillaumme is at good easy walking distance from the shops, bars and restaurants ...
We really felt welcome by Joan and Matthew in the really tidy, clean appartment downstairs with a nice garden.
Joan cooks fabulously good local food !!!... Included breakfasts are very big and delicious !!!...
And we spent 2 very enjoyable evenings "liming" and going to Parang ( Christmas Season songs) with them ...
The best again was when Matthew took us to Grande Rivière with stops and explanations along the way !!!
Our stay at their place and the experience we had there will stay a long long time in our memories ...
A big Thank to such a lovely, kind, very helpful and extremely nice couple !!!
They really took great care of us in all aspects !

Aline and Stéphane

PS: Matthew is very knowledgeable about everything on the island and offers good tours ...
Good place to start the T&T Discovery !!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple