“Excellent hotel.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Port Ciutadella

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Port Ciutadella
Ranked #3 of 57 Hotels in Ciutadella
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

We booked this hotel after reading the excellent reviews on Trip Advisor.We were not disappointed. We spent 11 nights there. The buffet breakfast was very good. I am coeliac and the kitchen staff were very accomodating. All the staff were very helpfull and so pleasant. A real 4* star hotel. There is a spa, small indoor pool, with steam rooms and sauna. The outdoor pool is spotless. Bedroom was very comfortable. We had complete chill out break. Thanks to all.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Maureen10453

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Bradford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

We have just returned from a weeks stay at this hotel. The location is fantastic, across the road from the sea inlet and a very pretty scenic walk to the old town. The staff work very hard and are very friendly. It is a very modern hotel and seems popular with Spanish, English and Germans.

We payed a supplememt for a suite and this was my only disappointment. Our room (138) didn't fulfill my expectations. There wasn't a separate sitting area for chilling or watching TV. Our room was a disabled room (we have no disabilities) and had a wet room type shower. On first using it I flooded the whole bathroom. We reported this tom reception the next day and they said that maintenanace would come and check the drain. I don't know if they did or not but from then onwards we just kept turning the shower on and off to keep water volume down to a minimum - I guess that was doing our bit for the environment!

I think as others have said the wardrobes haven't got a long area in which you can hang dresses without creasing at the bottom. The safe was free to use though which was good. Our balcony was at groud level and even though it overlooked the sea inlet there is a busy road in between and it didn't feel very private. The pool area was very good though - nice and peaceful and no shortage of beds at this time of year.

The breakfast couldn't be any better for me being a lover of pastries. The choice was the best ever. Another bonus was having a teapot which I prefer and separate filter coffee was available if you didn't want to hang around to use the machines. I also had a bucksfizz nearly every morning!

Ciutadella is lovely with lots of quaint cobbled streets with cafes and shops. There is no hassle from anyone and its really chilled and very Spanish. The walk along the coast is very pretty if you turn right when leaving the hotel. You can take a shorter room by turning left when leaving the hotel, walking to the roundabout then take the second turn left up a quite long road until you come to the first of 2 squares.

Our favourite place to eat out was Cafe Aurora which was up the cobbled street opposite the Obylix and carry on past the cathedral and past a few cafes until you come to a small square near another road. They have a 3 course menu for 12-80 euros which had good choices and all superb. The Fusion Cafe along the road from the hotel is also good value for a few drinks, but the food is more like Spanish fast food. Lunch in the hotel looks quite expensive but the portions are massive and good value.

Sorry for such a long essay. Ciutadella is well worth a visit and if I get chance to return I would stay at this hotel again, but I wouldn't pay extra for a suite

Room Tip: I think a second floor room would be better and more private. Its not worth paying extra for a suite...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank TriciaBishop
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

Just returned from a seven night stay at this lovely hotel. I had a beautiful room overlooking the pool and found everywhere to be spotlessly clean and fresh. The staff were very friendly, helpful and unobtrusive but always there when needed. A good hotel is only as good as it's staff and this one excelled. I loved the buffet style meals as this allowed me to have as much or as little as I wanted and the quality, presentation and choice of food was amazing. I had never been to Menorca before and just wanted a chill out week of relaxtion and it didn't disappoint, it's a beautiful island and this hotel was exactly what I was looking for, but don't take my word for it - give it a try, I promise you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: My room overlooked the pool so I was able to sit on my terrace and relax if I didn't want to sit...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank Sandra B
Hull, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed here last week June this year. We were looking for a complete "chill out" and from that point of view, we were not disappointed. The hotel was spotlessly clean and the buffet-style meals were excellent. The staff were attentive.There is a pleasant, safe, sandy beach opposite at the estuary mouth. We walked into town each evening (10 minutes) and really appreciated the beautiful Moorish architecture and plazas for al fresco dining.

On the down side, the hotel environment was a bit too bland and rather sterile and lacked vibrancy and colour generally - it somehow lacked any PASSION!

Our room was adequate, but absolutely NO HANGING SPACE for anything longer than a shirt!!!! (Had to hang my dresses on single hook in bathroom!)

After 6 nights we were rested, but not devastated when the holiday was over and will not be going back again, as something was lacking.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms at rear as no kind of view at all - just a really bleak street.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Cazbagz
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

We have just returned from a lovely weeks holiday at his hotel. It was excellent. If you dont like modern style hotels then this may not be the place for you, but for us it was perfect. The room and all the communal areas were spotlessly clean, the pool was wonderful with plenty of sunbeds always available. The food was fantastic, we had opted for half board we were spoilt for choice at every course and the variety was amazing. The staff were polite and friendly and very helpful. The location of the hotel was perfect for us being just outside the main part of the town, but as other reviewers have stated it is only a 10-15 minute walk to get to the centre of Ciutadella itself which is a charming town with lots of character and a lovely little street market (Saturdays). Opposite the hotel there is a sea inlet with bathing off the rocks (steps and ladders to help you in and out of the water) - the water was lovely and clear and warm, great for snorkelling and just swimming, and watching people diving off the rocky platforms gave us hours of entertainment! The small beach was less than 5 minutes walk. If you are wanting a holiday full of nightlife etc this probably isn't the place for you, however if you are after unwinding, destressing and generally chilling out it is great. I dont think I have ever returned home feeling so relaxed. One final thing which deserves a mention is the hotels spa facilities(free to hotel residents), we had the indoor pool / jacuzzi / sauna area completely to ourselves for at least an hour every afternoon (whilst it was too hot to sit in the sun) - it was great, we never actually booked in for any of the treatments, extra cost for those, although we did hear people saying they had just had a facial etc and seemed very pleased. I am already seriously thinking about returning next year.

Room Tip: Worth paying the extra for a sea view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank vicki36
The Hague, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

My partner and I just came back from an amazing week of this well located hotel. All their staff are very kind, pleasant and helpful. We had breakfast and dinner included and I can guarantee that the food is very good and delicious and lots of options to choose. We had a great time there, in fact, we are already planning our return for next year (but definitely not in August, the heat was too much) in September. We highly recommend this hotel. See you next year...

Room Tip: Our room was facing the street, and even though I had my doubts about the noise, I can certainly say...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ssallent
Elst, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

This hotel is very good and has a nice location in Ciutadella. 10 mins walking to the centre, when You walk on the boulevard it takes 20 mins, but that is the most beautiful walk! The hotel has a nice restaurant for great breakfast and buffet dinner. Also the Bar where we had lunch all day was great. Only, the barman, was drinking beer behind the scenes. He was filling the beerglass and walked behind the scenes. That was kind of funny. The swimmingpool was great and we had a great time overall. The rooms are comfortable, only the beds can be a little hard. Nice balcony, and i am sure the seaview rooms have great views.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ThijsPeters
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ciutadella
Melia Cala Galdana
Sol Beach House Menorca
#1 of 4 in Santo Tomas
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,116 reviews
Artiem Carlos III Adults Only

Been to Port Ciutadella? Share your experiences!