We arrived before 9-00pm and were offered an evening meal as we were booked in as half board. The meals in general were good with a varied selection which changed on a daily basis. I think we were one of the first guests using the half board offering as there were a couple of things need ironing out. Breakfast was fantastic, sitting by the pool every day. The Full English breakfast is highly recommended as are any of the sandwiches and rolls on offer. Coffee, now you were only allowed one cup with breakfast and that was delivered well before the food came and as a consequence was cold if left. Another cup would be chargeable we were informed. I was assured that the hotel were looking into the coffee situation. All staff were really friendly around the site. Waiting staff still trying to come to terms with a new ipad ordering system. The 2 bed-roomed apartment was quite basic but functional. When we arrived, the smell of sewers was overpowering, we put this down to us being the first people in there this year? A bottle of domestos and a lavender spray soon cured that problem though. A small tv and satellite were only good for sky news. Air con in the lounge / dining area but fans are provided for the bedrooms.
Great location for bars and restaurants. You can pick up a pint of beer for 1.50 euros in one of the bars.
One downside of the facility is that general public can use the pool and late afternoons and all weekend was taken up with locals using the facilities, generally without a care for residents. It was quite annoying having lots of children taking over the pool. This should be addressed by the management as I imagine that in high season there could be a few arguments. Sunbeds had towels placed on them to reserve them, not by residents but by locals who were bringing the whole family for the afternoon.
We had a hire car so explored every nook and cranny of the island. Well recommended is Son Bou, this has the nicest beach on the island. Cala n Bosch is also worth a visit as is Cala Galdana.
All in all a really great holiday at the Mirabel Apartments. I hope you find this useful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring an outdoor swimming pool and Mediterranean Sea views, Apartamentos Maribel is set 400 metres from Cala Blanca Bay. It offers bright apartments with balconies set in attractive gardens.Each of the Maribel’s air-conditioned apartments has simple décor with tiled flooring. All accommodation comes with a kitchenette and a seating area with a sofa bed and flat-screen TV.The Maribel has a peaceful location less than 1 km from the centre of Cala Blanca. There is a selection of shops, bars and cafés within 15 minutes’ walk of the complex. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Maribel Apartamentos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maribel Apartamentos Hotel Ciudadella
- Maribel Apartamentos Ciudadela
- Maribel Apartamentos Hotel Ciudadela
- Maribel Apartamentos Spain/Minorca