We arrived and the man on reception was very unfriendly. He seemed very stressed and not interestedin us. We arrived 15 Oct for 2 weeks self catering but paid extra for breakfast. It was the end of the season and very quiet. H e showed us our apartment whichwas over Laurel and Hardys Restaurant and overlooking o road and a peice of scrub land. When booking we had requested a pool or garden view and we asked if there was anything better. He showed us another apartment with a large terrace even worse than the first as no view at all! The terrace was completely enclosed by other apartments with views of the air conditioning units! We ate at lunch time and the food was awful so didn't eat there again except breakfast. The breakfast waiter was totally unfriendly and didn't want to give us any service with a smile. He scowled at us and on the second day asked if we wanted the menu or did we know what we wanted in a very offhand manner. There were only ever 3 or 4 other people at Breakfast and none of them looked happy.The apartment was scruffy and no electric kettle,and only 2 ring hob and no oven. The dining table was wobbly and there was no pleasure in the thought of eating in and when we went to the supermarket for water there was hardly anything left on the shelves.We ate out every night and the Restaurant on the beach was lovely but there wasn't much else to choose from as end of season. We found a Chinese on the road to the nice beach which was good value and ate there twice. Laurel and Hardy's Restaurant below us was disapointing but we didn't have much choice! We discussed leavig as the place was so bad and on day 8 of our 14 night hol we left and checked into a lovely Hotel in Cala Galdana. The experience at Maribel was terrible and I felt like crying it was so bad. I forgot to mention we were woken on day 2 by building work going on at the Restaurant below. We thought "things can only get better" but they certainly didn't!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring an outdoor swimming pool and Mediterranean Sea views, Apartamentos Maribel is set 400 metres from Cala Blanca Bay. It offers bright apartments with balconies set in attractive gardens.Each of the Maribel’s air-conditioned apartments has simple décor with tiled flooring. All accommodation comes with a kitchenette and a seating area with a sofa bed and flat-screen TV.The Maribel has a peaceful location less than 1 km from the centre of Cala Blanca. There is a selection of shops, bars and cafés within 15 minutes’ walk of the complex. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Maribel Apartamentos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maribel Apartamentos Hotel Ciudadella
- Maribel Apartamentos Ciudadela
- Maribel Apartamentos Hotel Ciudadela
- Maribel Apartamentos Spain/Minorca