We recently spent 8 nights at this small and very peaceful hotel. \some of the comments I read on other reviews were slightly over played. For example, I was concerned about taking our 5 year old son after reading that the hotel and its guests were not welcoming of young children. However, the hotel clearly welcomes young children with a children's menu and high chairs in the restaurant. Moreover, staff members look after young children very well indeed. I agree that the pool area is very quiet and peaceful during the day but other guests did not seem to mind a bit of noise and splashing in the pool. However, very noisy and unruly children would probably not be tolerated.
A couple of previous reviews made comments such as "more of a good quality 4 star hotel" and "I have been to better 5 star hotels" which could be taken out of context. Sure if you are comparing this with, say, the luxury 5 star hotels in Mauritius, then perhaps it should only be classed as a 4 star. However, this hotel is much better than the last 7 European 5 star hotels I have stayed in, a couple of which advertised the misleading Leading Hotels of the World logo. Yes I too have also stayed in better 5 star hotels, for example in Mauritius.
The staff are a real credit to the hotel and help create the truly relaxing ambience of the hotel. Generally the food is very good, although I would caveat this by saying not sure about the red meat served during some of the evening meals. They seem to cook fish and chicken very well and made lovely pizza and pasta dishes but some of the red meat dishes left a bit to be desired. Good wine menu - expect to pay about £25 for a bottle of good rioja costing about £12 in a UK retailers.
We booked our package with Sovereign and it is worth mentioning that they looked after us very well and we had 24 hour access to their very adept representative in Menorca - people are always quick to criticise poor service.
If you enjoy small relaxing hotels with good food and excellent service then look no further than this delightful hotel that is less than two and a half hours from the UK. You will not be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adults only hotel. This option is perfect for couples, friends, singles or families with children over the age of 16 to enjoy their holidays. In Minorca, only 9km from the old capital of the island, the monumental Ciutadella, our hotel is located between the beaches of Son Xoriguer (600m) and Cala’n Bosch (300m).The colonial architecture and a well-cared decoration based on traditional materials like wood, terracotta, forged iron, aged marble etc. makes of this place the most exclusive 5-star hotel in the isle of Minorca.Five star hotel of the Island, thought for those who look for peaceful vacations and easy access to the superb beaches of the south. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Quinta Menorca Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Hotel Ciudadella
- La Quinta Resort Hotel And Spa
- La Quinta Ciudadela
- Ciudadela La Quinta
- La Quinta Menorca Hotel & Spa Spain/Minorca