All reviews italian pool italian section poolside entertainment fish fingers the main hotel recommend this resort door step nice cove every meal quiet resort nuggets duplex apartment large swimming pool an open mind great holiday baby pool a short bus ride
Selected filters
Reviewed November 3, 2018

I was dubious after reading some negative reviews, however trusted Jet 2 to provide a suitable standard of holiday package, I arrived Fri 26/10 the hotel looked ok, I checked in, the reception staff seemed miserable and unhelpful. The room was small, basic and dated, I didnt unpack purposely, as I was not happy, it certainly was not the room they advertised in the brochure. I took my son to breakfast, and it was of a low standard but more importantly RAW, as in the english breakfast !!
I went to reception, asked about the room she shook her shoulders and basically said you get what you pay for ??? Having paid over £900 I did not think it was cheap for 7 nights. I spoke to Fidel the male rep, he seemed unaware of the situation. On the sat morning we encountered a power cut which cut off the electric, whilst I understand I cannot blame the hotel for this, I expected them to have a contingency to deal with such a situation.. The hotel had water purification units which ran on electric, so I asked for bottled water as I was on All Inclusive. They wanted to charge me 1.75 euro for a 250ml bottle. We remained without electric & water for over 8 hours, they could not satisfy our basic needs as in running water for sanitation,and drink, or could not provide hot food. I spoke to a senior rep Sylvia she said she would try and move us but at a cost to myself, which I didnt agree with as I told her the hotel was in breach of contract. Having travelled with a child I could not let him suffer so had no alternative than to pay, I was aware f 4 cases of food poisoning at this hotel of which 2 guests were hospitalised.
On a plus the beach cove is beautiful, and the pools were nice, thats about it folks, so if you want your children to eat well, be entertained, go to Butlins, wished I had at more than triple the cost.

Jet 2 you need to think twice before you add this hotel to next years portfolio !!!!

Beware - You have been warned

Room tip: Blanc Cottage is more modern
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank Angeline G
comunicacionvmresort, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Vacances Menorca Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2019

Thank you for your post! help us to improve.

We do not agree on the comment of intoxication, and we regret the general situation of the electrical blackout of a large part of the island.

Thank you for your post.

Reviewed November 2, 2018 via mobile

A family holiday for 9 and our first for all inclusive. But very badly sold to us. Rooms were standard but pleased with separate room for the children. The food was very good and catered for all tastes, however the package of all inclusive is not what you think. Certain drinks at certain times and watered down. Meals very repetitive but quality good. Be very careful with inflatables as they get stolen in an evening by locals. Taxis are reasonable and local sights amazing. To be honest next time we will do bed and breakfast or half board as there is so much to do instead of having to get your money back at the hotel because you’ve paid a lot. Make sure you plan and research. Villa’s are definitely worth it for a big crowd.

Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank Benn1720
comunicacionvmresort, Director Comercial at Vacances Menorca Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2019

Reviewed October 28, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is a standard 3 star hotel and was good value for the price I paid all inclusive for 1 week for a adult and child. Food was limited and not a lot of choice but always found something to eat and food was nice not a lot of choice for children and could have been more. Drinks were good and snacks and ice creams could be got from the pool bar throughout the day. Entertainment was poor on a night and left most nights before it had finished not sure if this was just the time of year as the hotel was starting to close down. Pools were clean and big but freezing this didn’t bother children though and water slides in blanc cottage were good for younger kids. Walked into the town a few times took about 30 minutes and was a nice town with lots of shops. There is a small beach near the hotel which was good and sea is shallow good for young children. Hotel is clean and rooms are large with full kitchens and towels were changed daily. Overall we had a great time but the hotel felt like it was closing down around us and wasn’t a lot happening and not a lot of staff around.

Date of stay: October 2018
1  Thank H1223
comunicacionvmresort, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Vacances Menorca Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2019

GRACIAS for your post! It is nice of you to mention our great location, close to Ciutadella and just steps away from the ‘Sa Caleta’ Beach. We take in account your comments, help us to improve constantly.

About the food, during the meals have: rice, pasta, meat, fish, salads, sauces... Maybe look for something more specific.

Hope to see you again!

Reviewed October 21, 2018

This was supposed to be an all inclusive holiday. The food was awful not much choice. The meat was cheap chicken wings and thighs tough cuts of meat when there was some. Most days there was none at all. There was lots of flies on the cold food that could have been prevented with covers over the food. Also the desert was the same every day for two weeks only the topping in the cake changed the same boring sponge, melon covered in flies jelly and Ice cream . plenty of paella for the Spanish . The snack bar food was also very limited and awful. There is a definite divide the English were all in Blanc cottage where there is no activities or evening entertainment only breakfast served here and an odd game. All other stuff was at the other hotel even there the activities were hit n miss only an odd activity. This meant a lot of backwards and forwards for nothing. The hotel ran out of lots of drinks cigs ice cream etc. It felt like the hotel was already closed very little staff a long wait for drinks at the bars. Even self catering was a struggle for people only a tiny supermarket unless you got a taxi only two rings for cooking. No where else to eat either as the hotel is in a very remote area. I would recommend to go elsewhere. The pools were the only thing we liked about the hotel. Maybe better in the summer.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Jillytips

Thank you for your post! We appreciate your comments that help us to improve constantly. About the food, our products are high quality and local proximity (the same for all the restaurants), and you have a lot of choice....but we can understand that everything is not to your liking.

Reviewed October 15, 2018 via mobile

We were looking forward to the holiday until we read the reviews on here! But please don’t let them put you off!
The resort was very clean we stayed in the blanc cottages area which in my opinion was fab! A great kids pool with slides and a fab large swimming pool. The rooms were very big and ideal for a family of 4 or 5. There were 9 on this holiday two family’s and the rooms were perfect for us.
The staff were brilliant and nothing was too much trouble. They also had entertainment guys around the pool and in the kids play area with football games, music, dancing and pool exercise. Plenty of sun beds around.
Food was different every day and so much choice , it was fresh and suited both adults and kids. There was also food from the snack bar which was like burgers hot dogs ect - would of been good to have fruit and crisps on there but hey the kids were happy and unlimited ice cream pots.
Drinks were fab so much choice and the vodka and Fanta lemon was very refreshing! Evening entertainment most nights too.
The beach is stunning and literally 3 minutes away walk. Very clean and sea was very clear and shallow for quite a way out so ideal for kids. A really nice bar here too not on all inc but not too expensive either. Bus near the hotel ran every 15 minutes but we found taxis cheaper with 9 of us. Worth a trip to Ciutadella town it’s lovely and lots of shops. Even the night market was lovely.
A great holiday we couldn’t complain about anything other than don’t leave your inflatables around the pool one went in the hotel skip cleaned up by staff early morning and one was stolen so always take them back to your room.

Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank KarlaN490
comunicacionvmresort, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Vacances Menorca Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2019

THANK YOU KARLA! We're so happy to read this beautiful words but the best is that you and your family been like home and enjoyed the Resort.

We hope to see you again!