You know that awful feeling when you're on the coach and tourists are getting off and you're thinking "thank christ I'm not getting off at that hotel", well, me and my two daughters were getting off last and so I was very solemn as the coach wind its way to our hotel, with various drop offs with above feelings. We arrived, and wow, I did not need to worry. Our hotel was THE best. Clean, impressive as you walk in, staff very welcoming. Checked in, threw the bags into the spacious room (we were supposed to have a double and a put up bed, but they gave us a double bed and a single, so happy there). Bikinis on and straight to the pool which is huge and has its own children's pool (good, keep them away from me) and third pool with spa water jets to pummel your back. A short pleasant walk to the beach which is small and sweet with shops (reasonable prices in supermarket) restaurants etc. Sandy beach is lovely and clear. We did have jelly fish one day but they soon passed and it was actually quite funny all the manly men trying to catch them with their kids buckets to clear the sea. Apart from that, the sea and beach was lovely. Another 10 minute walk from the hotel and you have the marina which is very pretty and loads of restaurants to choose from. I recommend Tropicana restaurant as the food is great and service great too.
All in all I found this area slightly commercial (I usually prefer a rustic greek island) but having said that, Menorca is a great get away destination with guaranteed sunshine and happy waiters, staff. Oh, before I go, the Restaurant Neptune on the beach is good, they don't know what a Vodka Martini cocktail is and delivered a pint of vodka martini with cubes of ice! Hilarious!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern Apart-Hotel situated in an exclusive and privileged area of the “Paseo Marítimo” of Marbella. In front of the Sea, between the sports and fishing harbours, only five minutes walking distance to the old town and 5 Km. away from Puerto Banús. The Princesa Playa offers 100 rooms apartment studios fully equiped wih the most modern facilites for your comfort. 24 hours hall-reception, meeting room, reading lounge, cafeteria, terrace-bar and outside swimming pool, heated during the winter. Totally refurbished in year 2006. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Apartamentos Princesa Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartamentos Princesa Playa Ciudadela
- Apartamentos Princesa Playa Hotel
- Princesa Playa
- Hotel Apartamentos Princesa Playa Spain/Minorca