We stayed at this lovely place for the 5th time last summer and have already booked to go back this August! I never thought I would continue returning to the same place so many times ...life is too short not to explore....but this really is a special place for us and we return each year to see the lovely people that we have met over the years...some of whom have been going for 15+ years! We know of several other groups of people who also return at different times in the summer year after year. The hotel must be doing something very special if so many people want to return. I won't repeat all the things I've said before...you can read back on my old reviews for that!
The hotel has been gradually revamping the accomodation....I have to be honest...it was needed. Half the apartments were changed into junior suites and completely refurbed for summer 2012 and the other half have stayed as apartments with a kitchen and been refurbed during this winter ready for summer 2013. We booked in January and all the apartments were already gone....so if you haven't yet booked I doubt you would get the school hols this year but you could book for next!
I think the things that make this place so special are:
1. The staff. A more friendly hard working bunch would be hard to find. They make everyone feel special and really want to make your stay enjoyable. The same staff are there year upon year...they must enjoy it too!
2. The lovely pools and spacious grounds.
3. Lovely safe environment for children. It's NOT a 'super family' type of complex.....there are no wall to wall creches....all day ice creams.......free swim nappies... but there are lovely children's facilities, low key entertainment....and kid's club staff who make your children feel special and welcome!
4. The location. Far enough from the Marina to be quiet....near enough to walk there in just 10 mins. Only 2 mins out the back gate from a lovely beach with a few shops/bars/restaurants there too.
That's about it in a nutshell.......we can't wait to get back there.
Any questions please feel free to ask!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This property is 5 minutes walk from the beach. This modern hotel is situated just 300 m from Son Xoriguer Beach, 800 m from the Cala'n Bosch marina. Ciutadella is 11 km away. Set in spacious gardens, the Princesa Playa has an outdoor pool, a hot tub and a children's pool. The Hotel has double rooms and apartments equipped with satellite TV, air conditioning, heating, safe, mini-bar, telephone and a furnished terrace. Wi-Fi is available throughout the property. The hotel's buffet restaurant offers show cooking. There is also a bar-café, a mini-market, a TV lounge and a games area with board games. You can rent a car on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Apartamentos Princesa Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartamentos Princesa Playa Ciudadela
- Apartamentos Princesa Playa Hotel
- Princesa Playa
- Hotel Apartamentos Princesa Playa Spain/Menorca