Just back from an 11 night stay from 21.9 .13 - 2.10.13
We arrived at 9pm, dinner stopped at 9.30pm so the reception told us to leave our luggage in the small hold provided, gave them our passports and we was directed to the dining room and allowed to check in after we had had our dinner, nice touch.
After dinner we checked in within a couple of minutes and directed to our room.
I had done my research before travelling and was delighted not to be placed in the dubious C block.
We had a room on the 1st floor of B block, sea and land view, could not have been better on that score.
We did have single beds and not the double we had asked for but was too tired to make a fuss and would enquire further in the morning.
No double beds with the same view available at this time, sorry. However, the view from the room was compensation enough so I let it ride.
The food was up and down but overall no real complaints. The local wine was potable if you have the tastebuds of a rhinocerous. The local whisky, gin, cinzano rosso, malibu and (Baileys) aka Irish Knights were ok.
What peeved me though was the fact that they served the drinks for all inclusive customers only, in plastic cups, I knew this before I went but it is my only strong complaint.
The staff at this hotel were very helpfull at all times and they are a credit to the hotel.
The entertainment at the hotel in the evenings is hit and miss, more often than not a miss, they can try harder.
The hotel is 10 minutes from pubs, bars and other restaurants and we ventured out a couple of times.
If you like to watch the rugby or the footy then you have no other options unless you watch on Wi-Fi (at your own cost).
It was our first time visit to Menorca and we travelled around the island a bit to take a look see.
We would return to visit Menorca again but not to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The fantastic Aparthotel Menorca Sea Club is located on the coast of Ciutadella, from where you can enjoy one of the best sunsets of Menorca. Located near the beach of Cala en Forcat and 10 minutes drive from the historic city center. The complex's apartments have a terrace, a fully equipped kitchen and a seating area with satellite TV. Most apartments are oriented with sea views and all have air conditioning. The Menorca Sea Club has 2 swimming pools for adults and one for children integrated into a large solarium. To enjoy sport has disponible 1 tennis court, one beach volleyball court and shooting gallery. It also has playground and children's club and a full entertainment program with live shows. Private parking - no guarded - , a 24-hour reception, laundry services with charge. In the Sea Club you can enjoy a lounge bar and pool bar and a large restaurant buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your HYB Sea Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotasa Sea Club Hotel Ciudadella
- Menorca Sea Hotel
- Menorca Sea Ciudadela
- Menorca Sea Club Apartments
- HYB Sea Club Spain/Minorca