“Terrible!”

Pa amb oli
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Food was poor, prepared yesterday, microwaved and served. Staff chaotic. Menu's offer looked interesting, but less than 50% of plates were available. We payed 25 euros each, for a dinnner that really deserved less than 10. Never again!

Reviewed June 4, 2012

This is actually my worst food experience ever. Why?

When we had our starter suddenly a living cockroach were crawling up from the bread and ran over the table.

I ordered a entrecote and the waiter asked me if I wanted it medium or well done? I choosed medium. When I got the stake it was black and burnt on the outside and absolutely raw on the inside. I sent it back to the kitchen. After a while I got back the same stake with many cuts in it, and half of it was dry and the rest of it was still raw. It was inedible.

1  Thank Maddde
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We have been visiting Menorca for many years and we always go to this restaurant when we are over. I love to watch the chef cook everything from steaks to fish in front of the clientele seated in the restuarant and see the care and attention he pays to his cooking. If you feel really hungry, go for the t-bone steak but be prepared... it is very large and probably best to share it. They do a marvellous dish of pork fillet with mushroom sauce, again extremely tasty and cooked to perfection. All the portions are very large so remember this if you want to have a starter and main. The best thing about this place is it is very friendly local restuarant, you will always get a great welcome.

4  Thank Sam B
Reviewed September 24, 2011

I've been going to this restaurant for 8 years,the food is fantastic and so is the service.

Reviewed June 12, 2011

I visit Menorca regularly and very nearly always go to Pa amb Oli (literally Bread and Oil). The menu is Menorquin but the food and cooking is excellent quality. The chef cannot get away with much because he works in a glass box behind the bar. They really cater for the local people and lunchtime often sees a crowd of locals at the bar, business men having lunch with clients and tourist families.

Families are welcome and the waiter will always try to help in his best broken English.

Of particular note is their escalivada which although simple is about the best I have had. The menu is broad enough to cater vegetarians and carnivores alike. The food is good and homely.

The television is frequently on for sport but with the volume turned down.

1  Thank piggymoore