We came here on Friday and were inside just minutes before two people CAUGHT FIRE. The bar had been making flaming cocktails and the draft had obviously caught and a couple literally went up in flames. This alone is terrible but what happened next was worse.
The bar does not have a tap. I repeat, a bar that sells flaming cocktails DOES NOT HAVE A TAP. Customers were trying to break into glass bottled water to help while the staff did NOTHING. the bar staff stood stock still and watched as these people burned in front of them. Customers acted after the staff proved to be completely useless.
The girl who caught fire stripped to her waist and was then ORDERED OUTSIDE. Frightened, hurt, naked and going into shock she was literally left to sit outside on the pavement while customers took care of her. To reiterate, CUSTOMERS took care of these victims. The staff were entirely useless.
Eventually, an ambulance arrived after THIRTY minutes, shocking. And news reports say that the girl was transferred to Barcelona for care. I can only hope she recovers fully.
What was left out of the news report however, was the name of the bar.
So, in conclusion we have a bar that a) has no safety/risk assessment procedures in place despite selling flaming cocktails b) no trained first aiders or simply no interest in caring for customers in their care AND c) that they are so concerned with image that they paid to have their name kept out of the paper. Disgusting. Absolute vile.