What can I say, its a great hotel for the price. I was quite impressed from the minute I walked in. Great decor and friendly staff. Rooms are a bit on the small side. If I was going again I would book one of the superior rooms overlooking the pool. Breakfast was adequate. No eggs or bacon but lovely fruit, bread, cold meats and fresh pancakes.
Breakfast was included in our price. Restaurant great food and not expensive. The resort is not mad like Magaluf etc so if youre looking for that type of holiday this isnt it.
Its just a few steps from beach and other restaurants. We ate in Fusion opposite the hotel a few times because we liked the owner Rene. Great steaks. There is walking promenade and cycling path right into Palma. Its brilliant. Walking takes well over hour but we hired bikes and you can do it in 40 mins approx at a leisurely ride. Its a must.
Palma is beautiful and easy to get around but as other reviews state the euro doesnt buy what it used to. Meal for 2 and wine cost approx €60.
Overall i would definitely stay again and recommend it to my friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- UR Portofino**** The UR Portofino Hotel is situated in the area of Ciudad Jardin, one of the closest beaches to the city of Palma de Mallorca. Its strategic location near the airport and few minutes away from the city, make it a perfect combination of functionality and comfort. The Bay of Palma is famous for the practice of aquatic sports such as windsurfing, stand up paddle, kayaking, sailing, etc.. Around the hotel, you can rent the necessary equipment for the practice of them. A total of 66 rooms make up this beautiful and comfortable hotel, which has been decorated in a pure contemporary style. An exterior swimming pool as well as free wireless Internet access in all areas of the building and a free safety deposit box in the room are also some of the services available. The Restaurant UR Portofino is located inside the hotel. Which offers a wide choice of seasonal Mediterranean cuisine, open to the public, with a separate entrance from the main street. It has its own bar with an outside terrace overlooking the swimming pool and offers guests the chance to enjoy a drink on the terrace at the sunset. The hotel UR Portofino is only a few metres away from the nearest beach and the sea promenade which starts at the yacht club in the city and stretches all the way to Playa the Palma, passing by the Cathedral, and the areas of el Portixol, Molinar, Ciudad Jardin, Can Pastilla and el Arenal. One can take a relaxing long walk, skate or cycle along the promenade or simply sit down by the sea and enjoy the breathtaking views. Also from the hotel reception can be arranged any special request of the guest, boat trips, rent a car, excursions around the island, winery tours, visit to the Caves of Drach, etc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel UR Portofino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Ur Portofino Urban Sea
- Hotel UR Portofino Palma De Mallorca, Majorca