Just back from 2 weeks in Palma and stayed at this wonderful little hotel
The location is fantastic.... so close to the beach that you can hear the waves lapping the shore at night.... Also a relatively quiet location with plenty of good bars and restaurants in the immediate area.
Unfortunately I injured myself early on and was confined to my room for a few days which leads to some of my negative feedback....
The rooms are very small indeed. This is not necessarily an issue if you are not going to spend much time in the room but I had to and it was very claustrophobic... This is of course not the hotel's fault but just want to point out how small the rooms really are.
Secondly the hotel appears to be more geared towards German guests than English speakers.... There is just 1 English language TV station available to guests (BBC WORLD)... whereas there are around 15 to 20 German language stations. This of course added to my misery when confined to the room.... Again this is not the hotel's fault but I would suggest that the cost of a satellite dish to feed free English language TV to the rooms would be very small....
The staff in the hotel are all extremely helpful and friendly and cannt do enough for you
Finally the breakfast is excellent, but lunch and dinner are mediocre at best. The dinner menu is limited and the food quite bland...... Luckily there is a fabulous restaurant across the street (Fusion) and many others nearby
Overall I would still recommend this hotel highly.... just don't spend too much time in your room!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- UR Portofino**** The UR Portofino Hotel is situated in the area of Ciudad Jardin, one of the closest beaches to the city of Palma de Mallorca. Its strategic location near the airport and few minutes away from the city, make it a perfect combination of functionality and comfort. The Bay of Palma is famous for the practice of aquatic sports such as windsurfing, stand up paddle, kayaking, sailing, etc.. Around the hotel, you can rent the necessary equipment for the practice of them. A total of 66 rooms make up this beautiful and comfortable hotel, which has been decorated in a pure contemporary style. An exterior swimming pool as well as free wireless Internet access in all areas of the building and a free safety deposit box in the room are also some of the services available. The Restaurant UR Portofino is located inside the hotel. Which offers a wide choice of seasonal Mediterranean cuisine, open to the public, with a separate entrance from the main street. It has its own bar with an outside terrace overlooking the swimming pool and offers guests the chance to enjoy a drink on the terrace at the sunset. The hotel UR Portofino is only a few metres away from the nearest beach and the sea promenade which starts at the yacht club in the city and stretches all the way to Playa the Palma, passing by the Cathedral, and the areas of el Portixol, Molinar, Ciudad Jardin, Can Pastilla and el Arenal. One can take a relaxing long walk, skate or cycle along the promenade or simply sit down by the sea and enjoy the breathtaking views. Also from the hotel reception can be arranged any special request of the guest, boat trips, rent a car, excursions around the island, winery tours, visit to the Caves of Drach, etc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Orbitz and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel UR Portofino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Ur Portofino Urban Sea
- Hotel UR Portofino Palma De Mallorca, Majorca