“Life jackets for emergencies only..!”
Review of Magic Catamarans

Magic Catamarans
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Enjoy the experience of MAGIC, an unforgettable sailing cruise with the stability and comfort of a big yacht. Take advantage and discover the underwater scenery by snorkelling with our free snorkel masks! We offer shared cruises with barbecue on board and with or without transfer service. We also organise your private event.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Reviewed June 8, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I booked this with our daughter but unfortunately he was ill so my daughter and I went alone. The pick up was easy, from another hotel about 15 mins walk away. We enjoyed the day, the food was good but what surprised me was that there were no life jackets for guests to use when snorkelling out at sea (and it wasn’t very close to shore and was a bit choppy). I’ve never come across this before and we always go on a catamaran on holiday. Even in Turkey and Cuba life jackets were provided. After asking for one and being told no, I explained it was for my daughter (who can swim but I was not taking her off the boat into the deep sea alone without her having one on) and they were helpful and gave us one for her to use. We had a lovely time, but I was very surprised at their lack of care for safety of their passengers in the water.

Date of experience: May 2018
in 33 reviews
"sails"
"engine"

Reviewed May 6, 2018

My boyfriend and I went on this in late April and were actually pretty let down by the weather. The sea was extremely choppy, the winds were very strong and overall it was very cold.

The boat itself was fine and clean - we had two bathrooms on board and both were very clean, which I was impressed by. The crew was also helpful and friendly. They were very smiley throughout and lunch was very welcome after sailing in the cold for 1.5 hours.

Our boat held 32 people, out of which I think only 4 or 5 were brave enough to go for a swim.

It would definitely have been a fantastic trip if the weather was better. I just felt very very sea sick, through no fault of the crew at all.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed October 17, 2017 via mobile

Myself and my mother went on this day trip and had a really good day. It's longer than we thought which was a bonus. Lots of photo opportunities and when we arrived at this little cove it was so beautiful. They serve lunch which you can help yourself to seconds if you wish. Also plenty of drinks during lunch but you have to pay for these before or after lunch. A lot of people had been given the wrong information about drinks so they weren't too pleased. We had a lovely swim in the torquiose sea with lots a fish around us. Then a relaxing sail back to Palma, perfect day out.

Date of experience: October 2017
2  Thank Jenna L
Reviewed September 10, 2017 via mobile

We loved our trip on the magic catamaran, my children 16, 10 and 8 said it was the beat day out.

We booked through our reps at the hotel who said it was a half day trip, we went in the afternoon and so glad we did, I've not seen a sunset like it! We left at 3pm and got back at 9pm so worth the money.

We arrived and were greated by 4 very friendly staff members who all worked so hard to give us a good time.

The food was good something for everyone, chicken, sausage, salad, potatoe salad, pasta salad and bread then apple cake for pudding. Fizzy drinks, wine and sangria all free during your hour dinner and very reasonably to buy at other times.

You get 2 swimming stops in crystal clean water for about an hour and a half the crew hand out snorkel and Masks and life jackets if the kids need it. Getting on and off the boat is so easy the kids could even jump if they wanted.

The children were also given a chance to steer the boat which mine loved.

This is an amazing trip and so worth the money all my children loved it and my husband and i.

Date of experience: September 2017
1  Thank Nicola F
See more reviews
Reviewed September 5, 2017

This is billed as a half day activity but by the time you factor in the time to leave the hotel and return it's really a full day.

It's a great experience and does what it says on the tin. The boat sails out across the bay to Cala Vella. It's quite chilled out. On arrival the boat moors (with a number of other pleasure boats there) and you have over an hour and a half to swim / snorkel. They have snorkels / masks on the boat for passengers use with a deposit. The swimming is wonderful in crystal clear waters and plenty of fish to see. Whilst swimming the crew prepare a barbecue and you eat on the boat with drinks included. There is time to swim some more and the boat then sails back. It's simple but a great way to while away a day. We enjoyed it.

Date of experience: August 2017