I had to stay here with my family prior to my wedding. I had a very ordinary experience, which was all the more puzzling, since I stayed at the sister hotel, UR Palacio Avenida for my wedding night, and was blown away by how good it was.
My family got a suite, but had a rude surprise, because they were staying as a couple, but the hotel wanted to charge an additional €100 for me to use the second room, despite the suite already being paid for. We were not impressed.
Additionally, the staff, while not completely useless, could have done better: there were no elevators, and my ageing parents requested help to lug their bags up five flights of stairs, and were rebuffed by reception. The reception did not have irons (but of course, were happy to refer us to their expensive paid laundry service). It gets chilly at night in May in Palma, but the room was cold -- but we were told that the boiler had been switched off several days previously, and that everyone would be getting cooling, but no heating. There are no elevators.
The rooms themselves were nothing special for a 4 star hotel: poured concrete floors. Safe that doesn't work unless you pay extra (in a 4**** hotel?). Hard, uncomfortable beds with cheap duvets -- we complained, and we were told that we'd be issued another duvet, which never appeared. Satellite TV that doesn't work either -- we complained (again!), and they said they'd "send a technician", who never showed up.
Our wedding photographer showed up, and the staff refused to grant us permission to have our photos taken in the courtyard. Pointless and petty.
Sorry, UR Hotels, you must do better. Not a good first impression of Spain for my parents, I'm afraid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel UR Mision de San Miguel is a charming, small hotel perfectly situated inside Palma's old quarter. A perfect place to discover the romantic old town and the lively city centre of Palma de Mallorca. Built around an inner courtyard and with interiors decorated in a pure contemporary style, the hotel stands out for its exquisite natural light and is the ideal place for one to relax. The hotel remains open all year round and offers a personalised service to both businessmen and those who simply wish to enjoy their holidays. Its central location, with direct access to public transport makes it easy to reach any part of the island. Also the Hotel UR Mision de San Miguel has a two-story private parking (costs apply), private parking is recommended for small city cars. The hotel offers wireless Internet access in all its facilities. Internet connection and the use of safety deposit box in the room are both free of charge. A total of 32 rooms make up this peaceful, modern, boutique hotel which also offers guests the chance to taste some of the most delicious Mediterranean food at the restaurant of the hotel, who stands out for his original and innovative cuisine. Some emblematic elements of the original building, such as the dome of the ground floor, have been restored and maintained with its original design, and it is now the restaurant wine cellar. The two modern and comfortably furnished conference rooms are also equipped with internet access, air conditioning, a projector and large screen, and direct access to a courtyard which is ideal for coffee breaks. Due to the unique location of the hotel, guests can enjoy the main shopping areas and cultural activities, excursions, golf, restaurants, etc. Also from the hotel reception can be arranged any special request of the guest, boat trips, rent a car, excursions around the island, winery tours, visit to the Caves of Drach, etc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your UR Mision de San Miguel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ur Mision De San Miguel Hotel Palma De Mallorca
- UR Mision De San Miguel Palma De Mallorca, Majorca