“Good”

Ranked #20 of 74 Hotels in Palma de Mallorca
Cricklewood
“Good”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Certainly not as bad as others say it is. I agree that it's not great value and it has a bit of a cold atmosphere but I found the location good and the rooms lovely. Would we go back to Tres? yes probably in summer but maybe not during colder months as Palma is very different in winter and too quiet at night.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I have stayed in Hotel Tres several times since the hotel opened, and every time my experience has been just wonderful! When you are entering the hotel from the street is like coming into a oasis! In the morning you can either have your very nice breakfast in the patio or inside if you rather prefer that. Great location in the middle of historic Palma - you are close to different sights, the "city-beach", restaurants and not to mention: the shoe shops!!! The staff are always welcoming and very nice : ) Hotel Tres is like my second home - and I will be back (quite soon!).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Tiger664
Malmo, Sweden
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Having read that some guests have been disappointed with the small reception area, I must say that I prefer a small reception to a small room - and the rooms are fantastic in this little boutique hotel! Spacious, personal, very well thought through in the planning with the open bathroom. The patio may not be the focal point in February but I would love to come back and enjoy a drink there in the summer. The bar staff in the evening, as well as the breakfast staff in the morning, was very friendly and held a high standard of service. It's located on a quiet street very close to the harbour, restaurants and shops, as well as the cathedral. I recommend this hotel for business visits, couples, and friends going to Palma. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: Some rooms on first floor have a terrace.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank J H
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We thought it would be a romantic feeling place in old Palma, but was the opposite. Cold, boring and actually surprisingly basic. No atmosphere of any kind. Rubbish staff who look like they want to get rid of you as quickly as possible and who are crying out for some training in customer care. Room was ok apart from the smell of paint. Modern and clean but TV was stuck up in a corner by the door. Also hardly any channels in English, unless you enjoy watching international news 24hrs. a day. Noisy. You hear every footstep from other hotel guests and yourself! Shower was dirty and at best luke warm. Breakfast was disappointing with cereal bowls the size of egg cups, hard bacon, rubber eggs and the piece de resistance: watered down orange juice! Think you get the picture. Can't believe they fleeced me £ 145 a night for that!

3 Thank mgclassic
Svenn R, General Manager at Hotel Tres, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
A review has already been posted by a person from the same party;

Dear mgclassic

Thank you for contributing your feedback on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us (last week). On behalf of my entire team, however, allow me to extend my apologies for the perceptions you have acquired about our hotel – first resulting from our reception and the receptionist not living up to your expectations and then the encounter with painters in the corridor and the smell of painting. It is unfortunate enough to hear that our facilities did not meet your expectations, and is even more distressing to hear that the service delivery from our staff only compounded your disappointment.

As humbling as it is to receive this criticism, your critique will serve our team well, as we do continually look to find opportunities to improve our levels of service and attention to detail. I would like to reassure you that, while your stay certainly did not meet the highest level of service I know we are capable of, your experience is a rare one – one that I hope you will allow us to improve upon, provided you choose to give us another chance in the near future. Once again, my sincerest apologies for the unfortunate series of events that occurred during your stay.
Please contact me directly on svenn.rudow@hoteltres.com should you wish to provide further information about your stay and help us improve,

Best regards

Svenn Rudow,
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 24, 2013

My boyfriend booked here after reading the good reviews but questioned whether we were in the right place it was so desolate and unwelcoming. The reception is actually an office to the right as you enter the property. No decoration of any type, no chairs or features of any kind. Totally uninspiring and unwelcoming. The man that checked us in was polite, but failed to ask even the most basic of usual niceties such as, how was your journey? or do you need any help with your luggage? in fact he didn't even raise a smile and certainly did not offer any local information of any kind. The info he gave about the hotel was minimal and the speed with which he rushed through the check in and gave directions to our room left us a little dumbfounded. The first thing that hit us as we entered the main building was the strong smell of paint. The workman was busy on the stairwell as we came out of the lift and we hoped our room was odour free, but alas it also stunk of paint fumes. Never mind I thought, lets open the windows and let some fresh air in. It helped a little, but left the room cold! On a good point, everything in the room seemed nice and clean and well presented and after unpacking we went out to eat. The location is very convenient for the city centre and shopping and eating. We returned around 10.30 pm., sidestepping a small pile of rubbish and sandpaper as we got out the lift left behind by the workman. Not what you really expect at a 4 star! I wondered whether we were the only guests staying it was so quiet, but found that to be untrue later on when at 2.30 am we were abruptly woken up by some people coming in. They weren't shouting or anything but you can hear absolutely everything and anyone that passes by your door. Everything echos. Soundproofing was not on the list when they did this hotel! In the morning I discovered some nasty looking limescale all over the shower which wasn't very nice and stepping out of the shower directly into the eyeline of your companion isn't my ideal room design!
Breakfast was a waste of time for me. Limited choice and unimaginative. Even the water for my tea tasted stale, so make sure you eat well the night before. Overall I felt let down staying at Hotel Tres. Small details can make all the difference and there was a distinct lack of service and it just did not feel like a warm, inviting place. They charge pretty hefty prices and I really expected more bang for my buck.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Svenn R, General Manager at Hotel Tres, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Bambi s

Best regards

Svenn Rudow,
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed January 15, 2013

My girlfriend and me always try to stay in trendy hotels and Tres did seem as one but room was small and no features that would surprise you. Location is very good with everything we wished for near our hotel and free wifi is good. Breakfast was nice but not amazing.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mart3o
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We've been to the Tres twice. It's hard to get a room as the boutique-styled hotel is rather small, so book early. It's well located in Palma, near the Passeig des Born, Sta Catalaina, the Cathedral and the paseo del mar. Very stylish and clean, rooms & bathrooms are of good size. Remarkable breakfast compared to many other 4**** hotels in Palma. The patio is also lovely in the summer but the rooftop pool & sauna are definitely stunning. Several other hotels (such as the Saratoga which has been recently renovated, at least the upper floors) have a rooftop pool, but nothing beats the Tres. Receptionist service has been without any glitch.

Room Tip: If you can, grab a room with one of the balconies/terraces.