“Good pasta, forget the rest”
Review of Little Italy

Little Italy
Ranked #1,621 of 2,267 Restaurants in Palma de Mallorca
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Before going in to the restaurant, you see a video of pasta making (hopefully home made) in the window. We like the decoration and the variety of the menu.

I ordered tuna carpaccio for a starter and it was just horrible: it looked like it was just taken out of the freezer and put into the micro wave. The taste was... non existent! Basically, I was so hungry, I just ate it anyway, but I couldn't make out what I was eating.

Luckily the rest was better: my kids ordered spaghetti bolognese; a huge portion to be shared. I tasted them and they were quite good. My wife had penne and they too were good. I had a large grilled vegetable plate which was well cooked, although full of oil.

The service was average at best, as the waitress spoken nothing else but Spanish, so it was not easy to order (you order by numbers, as the menu is in different languages).

I saw our neighbor's pizza and it looked terrible; almost uncooked.

My tip: only order pasta here; the rest is not worth it.

There are newer reviews for Little Italy

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Decent food, good value for money and reasonable service in the heart of Palma. Standard Italian fare, but tasty and had an enjoyable meal. Would recommend.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

We fell across this place after searching for a bite to eat at lunchtime. Lovely pizzas and lovely sangria! So much so we went back the next day!

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Four of us visited Palma again for the third time as we love it so much. As we were All inclusive last time we didn't try any of the restaurants but this time we thought we would treat ourselves. What a mistake that was!!! As I'm vegetarian I was struggling to find a nice restaurant that catered for my taste until we stumbled across this restaurant. There seemed to be lots for me to choose from. We were warmly greeted and quickly shown to our table. Eventually we were offered drinks and we ordered the house red & white wine these were the only items that were good. After a long delay we ordered our food. My father ordered Mussels in tomato which took some explaining although they were on the menu, we could tell they were coming to the table before we saw them as not only were they served in white wine the smell was horrendous - how a chef can send them out is unbelievable they were obviously off. Of course we complained and they were taken away without any explanation - not even a replacement offered. Then we received our mains thankfully my father had ordered the pizza which was passable certainly not good. They offer a choice whether you'd like a thin or deep base. He ordered thin and got deep!!! My pasta dish was overcooked and basically had a tin off tomatoes on it but then we come to the lasagne ordered by the rest of the party. I have eaten in many Italian restaurants and I have never seen a lasagne like it. It was made up of approximately 12 sheets of again overcooked, stodgy pasta with a slice of cheap ham between the sheets. There was no ragu, bechamel sauce or anything else. I appreciate different areas make their lasagne differently but this was a definite first. If this is the way they make it they could at least do it well. No one asked if we enjoyed the food although all of the plates were taken away over half full. The mussels were removed from the bill but really we shouldn't have paid for any of it. I wish I'd walked out after the mussels were served. There are many more restaurants in Palma in particular if you walk past this restaurant further along the road following it to the right you'll come to a nice square with a couple of bar/restaurants I can't remember the name but there's a bar there that has pashmina's on the chairs, the food there is lovely and the staff are extremely friendly even remembering us from the year before. I only wish I knew the name then I could give them a good review.

1  Thank hadley60
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Bad pizza and risotto. 2 points because they were nice enough to customize the pizza. Price.. Decent.