“Quirky place I liked it a lot”
Review of Hostal Ritzi

Hostal Ritzi
Erwin, Tennessee
“Quirky place I liked it a lot”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I stayed in the Hostal the early part of June as part of a trip around Europe with my teenage daughter. I must say, it was the most homely and welcoming of all the places we stayed. We really felt part of the whole Spanish thing and we got some great tips on what to do and where to eat.thanks guys

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Polish first
Lancashire, England
Reviewed June 27, 2012

It w as some years ago that I stayed at the Ritzi in Apuntadors. The English lady and an American gent were the hosts then and charming they were too. It is set around a lovely court yard and has an old Med feel.The area is very close to the beautiful harbour and Cathedral. Beautiful restaurants and cafes are very close together with unusual bars and night life.I liked it very much and have fond memories of the Ritzi, its location, charm and hospitality.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We stayed in Hostal Ritzi from the 2nd till the 5th of May and I have to say I found the latest review of the place a little unfair.Ok its not 5 star but for 60 euros per night we were not expecting that.We found the location to be perfect and the staff very helpful,by the way Leon( the cook ) makes amazing kebabs.Its was clean enough for us and having stayed in many hostals I would say it was one of the best.On the downside the street outside can be rather noisy before midnight so maybe try to get one of the quieter rooms...hope this helps somebody

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed May 10, 2012

We paid 60Euro a night for a double room and I wish we saw the review here that said we should just book into the place next door.

Drab miserable, place the only thing good is the nice english lady who runs the place and the location.

Id like to say that I am far from a clean freak/germophobe but this place really freaked me out. I imagined this place to be a brothel at one time-it is close to the 3 sailors bars so i was worried about the all sorts of things I could catch from the dirty looking bedding and linen. Me and my friend shared a double bed as it was a last minute booking - and it being a double bed scared me even more with regards to what had happened in this room previously. I refused to use the blanket and slept on my towel as well as wrapping a towel around the pillow.

It is not even worth the amount of money you are paying.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank jaemunki

Travelers are raving about these Palma de Mallorca hotels

Italia
Reviewed March 24, 2012

I stayed only two nights at Ritzi Hostal and I was quite happy to get out at the end of my journey. Like previous reviews said, the main problem is the cleanliness or - the lack of it. The bathroom was really dirty and since my room was in front of a small patio, I was bothered by the smoking of other guests, too. Moreover, Internet was available only in the common space and my room was very near of it, therefore all the time there were very noisy young people shouting and yelling at each other while surfing the net. The only positive thing is location and the kindness of the lady (an Englishwoman) at the reception. Won't go back, of course.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank banstella
Oslo
Reviewed September 27, 2011

If you want a good bed to relax and sleep in,to save big money,have nice people advising yuo for Palma trips,Hostal Ritzi is for you ! Clean and with number one position i Palma! Typical old house,no stash and glam ,only simle and easy! Go for it!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with sink or bathroom.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank PiroskaOslo
Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Reviewed September 2, 2011

We stayed in both of these. Don't confuse them since their entrances are right next to each other! We left Ritzi after one night because it was so bad. Hostal Apuntadores, next door, was wonderful.

Hostal Rizzi: C/ Apuntadores 6. No elevator/lift. No air conditioning. It was very hot and hard to sleep. WiFi only in the reception area from 8:30 AM to 11 PM. The Chinese-made fan they put in the room made a lot of noise. The door was very thin and did little for privacy. When you went to the shared bathroom in the hall, you had to close the door with a key, otherwise it stayed open. There were bad smells in the room. The sheets and pillows were very old. I imagine many people had sweated in these throughout the years.

Hostal Apuntadores: C/ Apuntadores 8. Everything has been remodeled. Comfortable sofas and new tables and chairs in the reception area. There was an elevator/lift. There was air conditioning (whew!) The roof was absolutely wonderful where you could have breakfast or relax in the evening. Strong WiFi signals throughout the hostal, available 24 hours for free (it seems that the hostal paid for more than one connection).

Prices: