We stayed at the Bellver on our second visit. The outside is really in need of major face lift and there is signs of crumbling masonary to balconies. We had booked a Junior Suite room 1307 and paid top dollar for it. On arrival we found the bedroom had a terrible smell of sewage. When we raised this with reception they did not seem surprised and sent a technician up with an electrical box, which they said would remove the smell. This worked for a short time but the smell came back and was now in the lounge area and in fact despite the box stayed there the whole trip. We spoke next day to one of the Guest Managers who told us it was to do with the tides coming in and out and that all hotels in Palma had this (Oh Yeah!). She then tried to show us alternative rooms which were lower value and were not suitable. She then tried to get us to move to another hotel (unseen) which we turned down. In the end all we got was a 40 Euro reduction on total bill. It did not help that the air conditioning was not present downstairs at all and in rooms only sometimes. The Manager said this was because it was winter and aircon didn't go on until June.
The hotels position is one of the best in Palma and the views great (if you pay for them). The staff are friendly and helpful particularly Juan on the desk. However the barman in the Horario Bar was rude and unhelpful.
It is a shame the hotel has deteriorated since our visit 5 years ago. The problems we experienced and the way it was dealt with was poor. There shouldn't have been any problem with smells and no air con is unacceptable. We love Mallorca but will not be staying at the Tryp anymore.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The TRYP Palma Bellver is located in the heart of the Paseo Maritimo seafront promenade and overlooks the Bay of Palma de Mallorca. Its strategic location in the heart of the city, its personalised service, and its excellent facilities make it the ideal choice for your stay in Mallorca. Near the hotel guests can visit the city's main attractions, such as the Cathedral, the Es Baluard museum of contemporary art, the historic Bellver Castle, as well as the city's main entertainment areas. TRYP Palma Bellver offers you the chance to discover the city's daytime and evening activities thanks to a location opposite the marina and just a few minutes walk from the trendy bars and restaurants and the major shopping areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo, Travelocity, Expedia and Hotwire so you can book your TRYP Palma Bellver Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tryp Bellver Hotel Palma De Mallorca
- Tryp Palma De Mallorca
- Tryp Hotel Bellver
- TRYP Palma Bellver Hotel Palma De Mallorca, Majorca