All reviewsporto picity centrepool areathe busmain seafronta big shopping mallsnack menugreat hotelstag partyplenty of sunbedsnice poolnearest beachbottom floorall areas of the hotelregular busestaxis are cheapminute walk
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Stayed here for a 3 night break.
Got the number 1 bus for 2.50 from airport. Took about 40 minutes with all the stops then a good 20 minute walk. Easy....if you know where to get off (not far after no 33 stop). Print a map before you get there or when you go past titos nightclub by the harbour then get off and get a taxi for about 5 euros. Don't attempt the bus or the hill with children, elderly or large amounts of luggage.
The hill/steps are perfectly fine for everyday walking around - don't rely on the lifts in mallorca hotel as others recommended- they were out of order during our stay.
Hotel very clean!! Very European, no british people during our stay and this isn't an issue at all but did feel the staff weren't very friendly or helpful. We asked for late checkout and were refused by a few people but nobody actually checked their books and when we then had to use the shower by the pool and the toilets by reception they kept coming to "check up" on us, which made us feel very awkward.
The fridge in kitchen was turned to off when we arrived but didn't take longer than 12 hours to cool down enough to keep ice creams. Slightly strange kitchen....coffee machine (not clean) yet no kettle so back to basic with a saucepan but basic is fine for the price!
Room cleaned daily, air con was great- powerful and not noisy.
Plenty of sunbeds by the pool.
Spanish restaurants were hard to find, one or two on the front and ice cream shop previously recommended is very cheap and very very delicious!
Bus to beach was easy and only 1.50. The beach was busy after 10.30am and sunbeds were 15 euros for 2 with an umbrella. A word to the wise, on the way back to the hotel I was targeted on the bus by a Spanish pickpocket. The luck of the gods was with me and I caught her with her hand taking my purse out of my bag. It is very "non tourist" in this area and it's easy to get targetted. The locals were surprisingly rude towards us even though we spoke in Spanish at every opportunity.

Overall....the hotel is what I'd expect from a travelodge. Not amazing customer service or any added extras for free but everything you require and no more. Pool towels were useful though! Taxis, buses, supermarket, restaurants and harbour all within a ten minute walk. Breakfast is plentiful right up till 10.30. Hotel is a good "base" but to get good food or some socialising then you need to get out of the hotel. It was very very quiet every evening and the tv will provide no company as no channels so don't come here if you don't want to leave the hotel at all. Probably wouldn't go back but then comparing again to a budget hotel it is chosen for ease and price not luxury.

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank CardiffWelshGirl
Reviewed September 1, 2012

This is the best 3 star hotel ive stayed in. It's clean, excellent value for money, very comfortable and away from the hustle and bustle of Palma.

Its located on a hillside above the far end of the harbour, a 7 euro tax fare or 40 min stroll from the centre.

This is the 3rd stay here in 12 months and it continues to offer great relaxing holiday. I booked a superior room on the top floor and a double bed. I requested this back in winter so its great they were able to provide. The room was simple with very modern furniture, free wifi, and great view of the cathedral.

The pool area is spacious and clean with plenty of sun beds, two lovely gazebos with comfy sofas. I was disappointed that this year they don't have the confortable luxurious mattresses for the sun loungers as it was a nice touch. Pool towels are free

The continental breakfast was excellent, plenty of choice and youbcould eat this in the cafe bar area by the pool outside if you wish

I would recommend you book directly with the hotel for the best room rates, rather than with any travel sites. We got an excellent deal for 3 nights @ 270 euros.

I have nothing bad to say about Augusta - we had a lovely relaxing time in a great hotel

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Just spent 4 nights in Augusta, didn't have the nicest of rooms, first floor, no view, just trees but very clean, staff is ever so friendly and helpful, excellent breakfast, pool was fantastic, plenty of sunbeds, tasty dinners - 5 minutes from bus no.3, close to Porto Pi restaurants - I can recommend it, worth the money!! Will go back there!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 8, 2012

As far as a 3 star accommodation goes this was definitively worth the money. Room was really nice, basically like a flat with a kitchenette and nice bathroom. It was serviced everyday although at the weekend it's a little more relaxed in that area.
Breakfast was continental with a fair amount of choice. They also did bar food, which was simple but cheap and worth it if you can't be bothered to go into town that night. Drinks also cheap.
You could tell that the place was well managed and the staff were very friendly and helpful.
My favourite was the pool. Really nice to have a swim and there were times we had it all to ourselves.
Location wise it's ok. There are buses nearby to get to the centre of town or the airport though it's easiest if you have a car to see all the attractions. Taxis are cheap though between town centre and the hotel so it's not a huge issue.
There's also Porto Pi nearby, about 10-15 minute walk although it is quite steep around there so if you aren't fit it won't be much fun. Didn't bother me though.
I went with my cousin and my aunt and I would say this is the kind of place probably better for older people. Only because it's so quiet and laid backed there.
Worth a stay though.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Really don't know why this hotel scores so highly, unless it has lots of friends....? First time to Palma, found it over built couldn't see the sea and not enough plants, trees, flowers. First day was a sunday and couldn't find any shops open (only wanted bread and water!)
No 3 bus to beach worked well, but felt like sardines on the beach, however the sea was lovely and clean.Get their early if you want a space.
Breckfast was great, but the hotel only had a 'snack menu' same for lunch and dinner, such a shame there wasn't more to choose from.
Swimming pool was nice, but there was a dirty rim around the edge which needed a good clean, but we didn't get ill, dispite swimming daily.
The weather was the best thing, hot but a slight breeze.
Quiet at night times, but luckilly we had good neighbours.
Only one news channel in english, loads in German, Even the commentary for the olympic channel was German.
We had a lovely day around the cathedral. Got trusty no3 bus again (other side of road)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family