“Great hotel for a relaxing short break”
Review of BQ Augusta

BQ Augusta
Ranked #23 of 75 Hotels in Palma de Mallorca
Reviewed September 1, 2012

This is the best 3 star hotel ive stayed in. It's clean, excellent value for money, very comfortable and away from the hustle and bustle of Palma.

Its located on a hillside above the far end of the harbour, a 7 euro tax fare or 40 min stroll from the centre.

This is the 3rd stay here in 12 months and it continues to offer great relaxing holiday. I booked a superior room on the top floor and a double bed. I requested this back in winter so its great they were able to provide. The room was simple with very modern furniture, free wifi, and great view of the cathedral.

The pool area is spacious and clean with plenty of sun beds, two lovely gazebos with comfy sofas. I was disappointed that this year they don't have the confortable luxurious mattresses for the sun loungers as it was a nice touch. Pool towels are free

The continental breakfast was excellent, plenty of choice and youbcould eat this in the cafe bar area by the pool outside if you wish

I would recommend you book directly with the hotel for the best room rates, rather than with any travel sites. We got an excellent deal for 3 nights @ 270 euros.

I have nothing bad to say about Augusta - we had a lovely relaxing time in a great hotel

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Just spent 4 nights in Augusta, didn't have the nicest of rooms, first floor, no view, just trees but very clean, staff is ever so friendly and helpful, excellent breakfast, pool was fantastic, plenty of sunbeds, tasty dinners - 5 minutes from bus no.3, close to Porto Pi restaurants - I can recommend it, worth the money!! Will go back there!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 8, 2012

As far as a 3 star accommodation goes this was definitively worth the money. Room was really nice, basically like a flat with a kitchenette and nice bathroom. It was serviced everyday although at the weekend it's a little more relaxed in that area.
Breakfast was continental with a fair amount of choice. They also did bar food, which was simple but cheap and worth it if you can't be bothered to go into town that night. Drinks also cheap.
You could tell that the place was well managed and the staff were very friendly and helpful.
My favourite was the pool. Really nice to have a swim and there were times we had it all to ourselves.
Location wise it's ok. There are buses nearby to get to the centre of town or the airport though it's easiest if you have a car to see all the attractions. Taxis are cheap though between town centre and the hotel so it's not a huge issue.
There's also Porto Pi nearby, about 10-15 minute walk although it is quite steep around there so if you aren't fit it won't be much fun. Didn't bother me though.
I went with my cousin and my aunt and I would say this is the kind of place probably better for older people. Only because it's so quiet and laid backed there.
Worth a stay though.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Really don't know why this hotel scores so highly, unless it has lots of friends....? First time to Palma, found it over built couldn't see the sea and not enough plants, trees, flowers. First day was a sunday and couldn't find any shops open (only wanted bread and water!)
No 3 bus to beach worked well, but felt like sardines on the beach, however the sea was lovely and clean.Get their early if you want a space.
Breckfast was great, but the hotel only had a 'snack menu' same for lunch and dinner, such a shame there wasn't more to choose from.
Swimming pool was nice, but there was a dirty rim around the edge which needed a good clean, but we didn't get ill, dispite swimming daily.
The weather was the best thing, hot but a slight breeze.
Quiet at night times, but luckilly we had good neighbours.
Only one news channel in english, loads in German, Even the commentary for the olympic channel was German.
We had a lovely day around the cathedral. Got trusty no3 bus again (other side of road)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Hi,
my friend and I had a great time at Augusta. It was just as quiet as we wished it to be; no party groups, nor kids. I think this hotel is best suited for older friend groups and couples. Families with kids would probably be better off with Alcudia, party goers in Magaluf.

Our stay started out strange. Due to a mistake in booking, our room was not ready before a night later. This was solved smoothly, we got a room at another bq hotel, had a nice night there. Plus, got free internet for the whole week as a compensation.

The staff in the reception was superfriendly. We had lots of questions, on tours, buses, beaches, restaurants...They answered, printed, drew on maps.....:)

We enjoyed our room. It was clean, with a nice little balcony, a spacious bathroom and a kitchenette (fridge, some cooking utensils and dishes, a stove top with two plates, a coffee maker). Well, we kept some things in the fridge, but never cooked anything.

Of the facilities of the hotel we liked the free internet; one computer was available close to the reception. The bar by the pool was nice, serving drinks and simple dishes. Oh, and the pool! And essential if you go to Mallorca in June or later-it gets hot. It was a small one, but nice for a dip. We had breakfast included and got a small, nice buffet.

Location was great. Augusta is close to the centre, 10 minutes by bus-and close to a fabolous beach, Illetes-7 minutes the other way. The shopping mall Porto del Pi is two bus stops/5 min to walk away, making it easy to get groceries, clothes, souvenirs, shoes.....Reading further up I saw people complaining on the stairs, but we were okay. There are about 20-25 steps up from the bus, not a lot. Only thing negative might be the area between the bus stop and Plaza Gomila. A bit shady.

Two mornings we had a run on the beach promenade, which was close by. A great start to the day!

Going back to Palma, I would definately consider Augusta.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank IdaJ76
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I spent 3 months in the Apartamentos Augusta over 3 consecutive summers (1 month each summer) while taking classes through the College of New Jersey. I was unsure what to expect as the longest I had ever stayed in a hotel before was about 2 weeks. I was wrong to worry!

The Augusta knows how to take care of their guests. They are extremely attentive to every need and want. The pool is well-maintained (although it closes at 9), and the patio area is kept immaculately clean. The rooms are tidy and pleasant, each with a terrace to let the sunlight in. I stayed in a room overlooking the pool all three times, and it was not loud at all (like at other hotels). The Augusta has a great breakfast that's included in the price, and their staff is very happy to serve you just about anything you want.

I brought my parents to this hotel during my 3rd summer, and they loved it to the point where they want to go back again (without me). If there was something negative to be said about this hotel it would be that it's fairly high on a hill overlooking Palma, but there are 3 bus lines that serve it well.

I miss my home away from home!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank MichaelinZwolle
Reviewed March 15, 2012

This is what trip advisor is all about, we read the reviews and were very glad we did, this aparthotel really is without fault, ok it is on a fairly steep hill so one needs to bit fairly fit. There is a good bus service running close by every 15 mins going into all parts of Palma including the airport. The hotel rooms are very comfortable, cleaned and serviced every day. Food is first class and the staff are very friendly. The receptionist always ready the advise on bus timetable etc. Although the hotel is situated in a fairly built-up area it has a very tranquill feel. We wil definitely visit again..

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple