“Palma's hidden gem!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Irvine, United Kingdom
“Palma's hidden gem!”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My wife and I were looking for something different in Palma and came across Sa Casa during a walk about the seafront near to the Old Town, Palma, down by the Cathedral.

The Restaurant was very quiet when we arrived, however, within a short space of time it quickly filled up. Given the high density of restaurants in this area, they were trying to hook guests with offer of a free glass of wine with every main course ordered - they didn't have to bother - the food was absolutely fabulous.

We had an appetiser of two Tapas - spicy garlic shrimp and steamed mussels. The mussels were delicious but the star of the show was the shrimp which were to die for.

I opted for the mixed grill for main course which comprised chicken, lamb, pork, beef and chorizo. All well cooked, tasty and a massive portion. My wife had a cod dish which initially was served a little under done, but with no fuss, the dish was taken away and returned just the way she likes it. Again a good portion and very tasty.

The staff were very attentive and at the end of the meal they provided a sorbet on the house to cleanse the palate. All in all, the best meal we had in Palma. So much so, we are going back tonight.

That free glass of I wine - they did deliver and it was no ordinary house wine. It was a delicious Rioja.

I loved my experience so much at Sa Casa, that I encouraged some prospective guests to try it as I left the Restaurant.

The bill came to about 47€, which I thought was amazing value for money.

Irvine, United Kingdom
“Excellent! Dine here!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We found this little restaurant in a side street near the Cathedral. It does not have the usual outdoor seating area - so you could easily walk right past. I am so glad we ventured in. The restaurant is small, but very clean - and they haven't tried to cram the maximum possible number of tables into the available space.

The staff were very welcoming and unassuming. They served us incredible food...we shared 2 tapas - grilled prawns and steamed mussels. Very moreish! I am glad we resisted the temptation to order more tapas - as the portions are big - and we may not have been able to eat a main course if we had ordered more.

Main course for me was Codfish Sa Casa, whilst my husband had the platter of grilled meats. Both dishes were excellent. When my fish arrived it was a little underdone for my liking and, without any fuss, they took it away for a few minutes to cook it to my liking (well done). I can certainly recommend this dish!

We were each served a complimentary glass if wine at the start of the meal - with a choice of wines. Don't know if this is a limited time promotion - but it was advertised on a sign outside along with free wifi (that actually works).

Our bill came to 47 euros - which we thought was extremely reasonable for the quality of the meal.

The staff were all lovely and the whole experience was great - and one we will repeat (probably tonight - and maybe tomorrow too).

If I could rate this restaurant 10 stars out of 5 I would do so.

• Visited July 2013
“Excellent home made food”
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Why stress around to search for the top rated tapas restaurant in Palma, when you can eat a really excellent dinner, both Traditional Tapas and a real steak at SaCasa. Try it. We have been to both.

London, United Kingdom
“Great food!”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stumbled upon this place on evening looking for somewhere that did quality tapas. It was empty when we arrived (i always usually find this suspicious) but after eating there i can't imagine why!
We had the octapus (AMAZING), patatas bravas, padron peppers and cod croquettes. I can recommend all of them.
The guy that served us was lovely, his english wasn't great bless him but it didn't matter, he did the job!
I have recommended this place to a friend that went last week and she also said they had a fantastic meal. It's a must really.
The food and 2 glasses of wine (large) and a coke was only 30 Eur. Bargain.

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Great steak & service”
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Despite booking a table we arrived to an empty restaurant, the staff were attentive and pleased to offer us the table.

We had dates stuffed with goats cheese & wrapped in bacon, patatas bravas & chicken with mango & avocado to start. The dates were delicious & the patatas bravas were also yum with a creamy spicy sauce. We probably ordered too much with the chicken as well so wasn't too enamoured by this dish. But throughout the staff were very impressive with the fast and efficient service.

For our mains we had the entrecôte steak & sirloin steak, served rare as asked. Both steaks were perfectly cooked and full of flavour- the meat really impressed us. Don't be fooled though the potato gratin is simply half a jacket potato with some melted cheese on top, nevertheless yummy but not what we expected in a restaurant. Peppercorn sauce is definitely worth the extra 1€ too- delicious.

All in all very impressed our bill was 71€ we had some beers and juices and bread & olives as well as the courses above. So for the city centre this was reasonable and tasty. Recommend unlike Carmen just round the corner-don't go!!! (See other review)

Visited July 2013