We stayed for six nights end of August 2010 in the Porthouse (#1). The Porthouse is a separate building next to the hotel building.
The room was on two levels. Downstairs a "living room" with coffee machine, mini bar and safe, flat screen television and a full bath room with a shower. Upstairs the bed room with a bathroom with a bath tub/shower. The bed room also had a smaller flat screen tv.
From the bed room there is a stair case to the private roof terrace. The terrace a not so big, but VERY nice. Two deck chairs and an outdoor heated jacuzzi. From the roof terrace there is a beautiful view over the small harbor.
Room nice and clean. Furniture etc was ok - a bit scandinavian like.
In the morning there is a bit of noise from the little street when suppliers arrive with deliveries to the hotel
Breakfast was very nice. Plenty to chose and friendly staff. The restaurant in the hotel is great. Food is a bit "fusion like" with some "asian inspiration". Prices are moderate and the wine list is also pretty nice. Staff is very friendly and attentive.
The pool and sun deck are not so big, but look very inviting (didn't use any of them). Location of the hotel was great for us. A bit outside central Palma, but we borrowed bicycles and went into town (10 min or so). There is a separate path for bicycles all the way into central Palma. Also great in the evening when dining in Palma.
All in all, a great frame for a relaxing holiday. I fact we liked it so much that we immediately booked a long weekend in early spring - already looking forward.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Portixol combines old tradition with modern style and comfort in a unique way. This small and exclusive hotel is beautifully situated in the Portixol harbour within easy walking distance of the centre of Palma and its majestic cathedral.Space and light is the overall impression of Portixol - a delightful mix of light Scandinavian simplicity and Mediterranean colours bringing together functionality and flair. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Portixol Hotel and Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portixol Hotel Palma De Mallorca
- Portixol Hotel And Restaurant Palma De Mallorca, Majorca