Our stay in Portixol was fab despite the unsettled weather in Majorca (including a huge downpour - but we were there in Feb so I am not complaining!). The hotel is trendy and cool but very comfortable. Our room - port view - had lovely views over the marina and was very spacious, with sofa, ensuite bathroom with power shower, and a separate sunken bath (complete with candles). The staff were friendly and knowledgeable. I had a very nice massage on special offer at the time, which I really enjoyed. Breakfasts were really good with loads of choice in the buffet and they will also provide cooked food on request. The restaurant is good but not great - menu is sort of fusion, there are no specials, it's quite expensive and it doesn't appear to change (eg with the seasons). The bar menu is a cheaper alternative though not great for vegetarians. However, don't miss the thai prawn soup which is delicious. The bar gets busy and has a good buzz about it. Portixol is a good 20-25 minute walk from Palma -- which we liked because we prefer to be in a quiet area but some people might find the hotel a bit far away from the centre of things. It's so close to the airport (20-25min drive) that it makes an ideal spot for a luxury weekend break. It's not cheap but worth it for a special occasion. (And by the way, seemed gay-friendly).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Portixol combines old tradition with modern style and comfort in a unique way. This small and exclusive hotel is beautifully situated in the Portixol harbour within easy walking distance of the centre of Palma and its majestic cathedral.Space and light is the overall impression of Portixol - a delightful mix of light Scandinavian simplicity and Mediterranean colours bringing together functionality and flair. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Portixol Hotel and Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portixol Hotel Palma De Mallorca
- Portixol Hotel And Restaurant Palma De Mallorca, Majorca