We wanted to stay in Palma Old Town and this hotel was in a fabulous location and is in the Spanish style with the courtyard.
It was less than 10 minutes walk to the majority of restaurants (some restaurants just 4 to 5 minutes away), approx 10 minutes to the main shops, is in the centre of the old town itself, 1 minute from the Catherdral and 15 minutes to the train and bus stations.
The good points about this hotel were that 1) the staff were amazingly pleasant and helpful and couldn't fault them at all 2) the whole hotel was spotlessly clean 3) the free wifi actually worked well 4) the use of the mini bar and small bar area was based on trust - you helped yourself and then filled in a very easy form to say what you'd had 5) rooms were good sizes and had a jacuzzi bath that also worked! and 6) there was a comfortable sofa to sit on 7) the air conditioning worked well.
The not so good points were 1) the beds were so very hard - we had a lovely room (Schubert) that overlooked the cathedral and had a four poster bed and big bathroom but we had to move rooms because after the first night my shoulder and hips were so unbelievably painful that it was either move or sleep on the sofa!. Our second room (Purcel) had a slightly less painful mattress but was at the front of the hotel and so was more noisy. The bed was a king size bed and there was a sofa, plenty of wardrobe space and an ok bathroom - the shower was over the jacuzzi bath, and the jacuzzi worked!
Speaking to the staff about the beds they know about thick mattress protectors that provide more support and a comfortable night sleep so I assume other people have mentioned this before. They just need to buy some!
There are 4 bicycles that you can use free of charge but they were not good at all. My bike was stuck in 5th gear so was a challenge and my husbands had a wobbly wheel if you tried to cycle hard and put it under any pressure! Apparently the new bicycles are due to arrive in a few weeks time.
The pool is in the basement and small but apparently has a swim jet so you can swim against it. We didn't use the pool. You have to pay for the sauna.
The rooftop terrace was quite nice and we did use this a few times. The sunbeds are comfortable and free. The double sunbeds in the canopies were 70 euros for the day which we thought was expensive even though you each get a 10 minute massage, a bottle of wine and some fruit!
Overall we had a nice stay. There are plenty of great reasons to stay at this hotel but for me the very hard bed was a big issue.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palacio Ca Sa Galesa is an iconic 5-stars boutique-hotel in the heart of Palma de Mallorca. It is located in an elegant XVI century palace which perfectly combines island's architecture with French, Italian and English style.This charming hotel has 12 rooms, all of them unique and different. The wonderful interiors of Palacio Ca Sa Galesa are smartly decorated with valuable works of art by great artists such as Miro, Calder or Bennasar. The hotel is equipped with comfortable lounges and meeting rooms, a library, a bar, a restaurant, a breakfast room, a quiet courtyard for relaxing and a spacious terrace for sunbathing. Hotel's excellent location allows guests enjoying some excellent views of Palma's bay and Cathedral.Palacio Ca Sa Galesa offers a wide variety of quality services including Wi-Fi Internet access, 24 hour room service, express check-in/out, air conditioning, heating, parking facilities, free bike rental and a new wellness area with gym, thermal bath circuit, heated indoor pool, sauna, Roman bath, Jacuzzi and health and beauty treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Hotel Palacio Ca Sa Galesa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palacio Ca Sa Galesa Hotel
- Hotel Palacio Ca Sa Galesa Palma De Mallorca, Majorca